Halloween for the Grownups
If you don’t have little ones to take trick-or-treating, and you’re not planning on passing out candy, make the most of “All Hallow’s Eve” at one of the following Halloween hotspots:
• 2013 Halloween Ball at Moose Country, Lilydale. Drink specials and costume prizes. Dance contest from 11:30 to midnight.
• Animal House Toga Party at Bar Abilene, Uptown Minneapolis. Best toga will receive prizes. DJs Mister Black, Atreides and Alex Jarvis will be playing all night.
• Best Halloween Party in Town at First Ave., downtown Minneapolis. Over $1,000 in cash prizes. Featuring DJ FooLProoF and MC Cloud (Forever Young), DJ Espada, DJ Smitty, Roy Freedom, and more. Konkrete Jungle - A Drum & Bass event featuring Easyrider, MBC, Blaze One, Modest, Will Smoke, and Resident MC's Hyde & Brace in the 7th St Entry. The Walking Dread featuring Verb X in the Record Room.
• Crazy Halloween Party at Aqua Nightclub, downtown Minneapolis. Costume contest, party bus to and from.
• First Annual Masquerade Fashion Ball at Aria Event Center, Minneapolis, produced by Event Bash, sponsored by Minneapolis2Night, benefiting Smile Network. The night will feature a DJ, dancing, a burlesque show and other Halloween surprises. Guests can also shop the Smile Network Global Village. VIP tickets are $75 and include private access to mezzanine level lounge and seating, one complimentary drink ticket, hors d'oeuvres , private cash bar/lounge area, exclusive mini silent auction benefiting Smile Network, a swag bag and giveaways.
• Halloween Ball XI at Bar Fly, downtown Minneapolis. $1,000 costume contest, two-for-one drinks until 11 p.m., two stages, 10 DJs.
• Halloween Night with Stacy Kidd, Asian Taste, downtown Minneapolis. House Therapy’s “showcase” Halloween night, nine local talented DJs on two stages, prizes for best costumes.
• The Halloween Zombie Dance of the Undead at Ground Zero, downtown Minneapolis. Doors open at 10 p.m.
• White Trash Halloween Party at The Pourhouse, downtown Minneapolis, sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon. White trash costume contest, $3 PBR Tall Boys all night, white trash eating contest, giveaways and prizes.
• Wookie-Wonka-Ween at the Cabooze, downtown Minneapolis. It’s a Willa Wonka-themed Halloween party, with bands Wookiefoot, Heatbox, and The Limns performing. Don’t forget your golden tickets and Everlasting Gobstoppers. Tickets are $18 at the door.
After a night of drinking, be responsible and either designate a sober driver or take a cab home. One safe, fast, and classy way to get home is by setting up a ride through Uber. (Nothing is more scary on Halloween than winding up with a DUI.)