Top Five Reasons to Visit Lanesboro
Moveable Feast: MnMo editor Rachel Hutton and MPR Classical’s John Birge offer tips for Lanesboro travel
Photo by Todd Buchanan
With Minnesota Monthly’s 2016 travel guide in hand, challenge yourself to explore the southeastern section of the state. MNMO’s Rachel Hutton tells MPR Classical’s John Birge her five top reasons for visiting a town like Lanesboro.
1. It’s gorgeous. The landscape features rolling hills, steep bluffs, and vibrant vegetation.
2. It’s a great place to be active. The Root River is a beautiful river adjacent to a trail for tubing, biking, and walking.
3. There is delicious food. The Whalen Pie Shop has delectable treats and is a short distance from the heart of town.
4. Spring Grove soda. The drink, made with real cane sugar, is made in a nearby neighborhood, so you can find their throwback flavors in convenience stores.
5. Culture abounds. For an area that is relatively far from Minnesota’s urban center, there is still great theater at the Commonweal.
Listen to the full segment at Classical MPR.