5 Party Foods with Berries
Presented by Driscoll's
PHOTO COURTESY OF DRISCOLL'S
The summer might be waning, but the grill is still begging for one last race around the block. The nights are getting cool enough for a fire, but the days are still filled with sun and hours to cherish with family and friends. In my neighborhood, we’ve been planning a huge end of season progressive dinner party. We’re lucky to live in an area teeming with children and friends who happily open yards and refrigerators for impromptu gatherings. For the holiday weekend, we’ll start at one end with fresh small bites (and possibly berry garnished glasses of rose) and end at another house with a roaring fire pit and sticky fingers (and possibly some gin and tonics.)
Whether you’re lucky enough like us to live on a great block of friends or out in the country, invite a gang of friends over and make a few, final, last memories of the great summer of 2017.
5 berry party foods that will be sure crowd pleasers:
- Sunshine Fruit Pizza: A colorful and refreshing pizza pie with zesty lemon and sweet berries
- Mexican Salad with Blueberries, Corn, and Avocado: Creamy avocado coats the ingredients in this flavorful blueberry salad eliminating the need for a separate dressing
- Savory Cheese Tartlets with Mixed Berries: Cocktail parties will be sweeter with the addition of these sweet and savory cheese tartlets topped with raspberries and blackberries and drizzled with honey and fresh thyme.
- Mixed Berry Almond Cobbler: A classic cobbler with a sweet almond twist – terrific with as is or even better with a scoop of ice cream
- Blueberry Turkey Burgers with Lemon-Basil Mayonnaise: These low fat burgers have a surprise ingredient: blueberries. Not only do the berries keep the burger moist and flavorful, this bold combination turns ordinary burgers into a healthy meal. Tangy lemon-basil mayonnaise ties the ingredients together.