Farm Tour Program for Minnesota Schools
Do the children in your life know how about the journey their meals make to get to the table?
I'm on vacation this week, but I wanted to pass along some interesting news I received from my friends at the Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture—a program that introduces children to local farmers on the farm.
The Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota (SFA-MN) is now arranging farm tours for urban and suburban school groups.
What they need to know:
- The location of your group (the grade and subject of the class/group)
- The kind of farm your group is interested in touring (vegetable growers, dairies, pasture raised meat, orchards…etc.)
- The date(s) that work best for your group
- The size of your group
After reviewing this information, they will match you with the ideal sustainable farmer in your area and then arrange for a tour of the farm.
The children in your group will:
- Be better informed in how to make healthy and sustainable food choices
- Gain a greater understanding of sustainable agriculture
- Better understand their role in our complex food system
Interested? Please contact SFA-MN Events and Youth Outreach Committee member Jerry Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-543-3394.