Top Tacos for Cinco de Mayo
Photo by millefloreimages - fotolia
It’s Cinco De Mayo, and you can find a list of the best places to get tacos in the Twin Cities anywhere. ANYWHERE.
Can you get a list of the best fillings in a taco? You can’t? Perfect. That’s why I’ve put together my top siete (7) taco fillings for Cinco (5) de Mayo. Why 7? Because 7 is bigger than 5. Tell me why I’m wrong in the comments.
- Carnitas: porky, fatty, crispy, it’s a no-brainer. I love the carnitas at Pineda Tacos in Plymouth.
- Carne Asada: It’s my go-to at my favorite suburban Mexican spot, El Rodeo in Maple Grove.
- Red Shrimp Tempura: beautiful color, delicious flavor. Get it at Sonora Grill.
- Lengua: It’s Beef Tongue, and don’t be afraid of it at Chef Shack.
- Pastor: Hard to find a great pastor around here, but I love the marinated roast pork. I’m hearing Taco Libre in St. Paul is worthy.
- Calamari: Sea Salt Eatery is my recommendation for a calamari taco.
- Chicken Guisado: It’s a stewed chicken, find at El Burrito Mercado.
OK, I guess I did tell you where to get the best tacos in town. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
See more of Jason and Joy's favorite tacos.