Excelsior Hosts Its First-Ever Fashion Week
BUCK + FIR is one of the many Water Street shops participating in Excelsior Fashion Week
Excelsior has had a busy year. The Lake Minnetonka–bordering town has undergone a retail renaissance over the past year, welcoming shops ranging from lifestyle and fashion to home goods, lake-inspired products, and stationery. (see here, here, here, here, and here). The city has capitalized on its newly energized retail scene, recently launching its Open Late Thursdays initiative with extended shopping and dining hours and in-store events every Thursday at Excelsior businesses.
It was only a matter of time before the lakeside town would host its own fashion week. The first-annual Excelsior Fashion Week kicks off this Friday, June 17, with a French Quarter–styled market on Water Street in downtown Excelsior featuring live music, shopping, and specials from retailers Ooh La La, Epitome Papers, Maison / My European Treasures, and Cherie Consignment Boutique. The week culminates in a runway fashion show—dubbed The Runway Fashion Show, natch—on Thursday, June 23, showcasing lake-inspired looks from 11 Excelsior shops including Brightwater Clothing and Gear, BUCK + FIR, Golden Rule Collective, Gray Home + Lifestyle, and J. Novachis.
Here’s the full lineup of events and specials taking place throughout the week:
- Cheap-chic shop Primp will serving lemonade and treats, and offering a free gift with purchase from noon to 3 p.m. daily. (50 Water St.)
- Cherie Consignment Boutique is offering exclusive deals and the chance to win gift cards via its Text Club; sign up by texting “CHERIE” to 51660. The store is also continuing its tag sale with discounts of 50 to 75 percent. (278 Water St.)
- Maison / My European Treasures is taking 20 percent off of its selection of coated tablecloths. (266 Water St.)
- Bayside Grille on Lake Minnetonka is offering $3 off specialty drinks and free wild rice fritters with the purchase of a dinner item. (687 Excelsior Blvd.)
- Bayview's Cruising Lake Minnetonka Cruises is offering $5 off public cruises with promo code “QE$5OFF” (excluding Fathers' Day cruises). (bayviewevent.com)
Friday, June 17:
- The Real Wine Republic hosts a cocktail and wine tasting from 5-7 p.m. (287 Water St.)
- Enjoy live music, shopping and specials from Ooh La La, Epitome Papers, Maison: My European Treasures, and Cherie Consignment Boutique in a French Quarter–styled market along Water Street.
Tuesday, June 21:
- Ooh La La hosts a jewelry trunk show from Minnesota line Amy Sabatier Designs from 1-6 p.m.
- Cherie Consignment Boutique hosts a trunk show from Love Leather, a line of leather and stone bracelets, from 6-8 p.m. (274 Water St.)
Wednesday, June 22:
- Brightwater Clothing and Gear hosts an antique and classic wooden boat show featuring antique boats, and nautical craft snacks and libations from Easy & Oskey and Upton 43. (256 Water St.)
- Gray Home + Lifestyle hosts trunk shows from Spring Finn & Co. (leather handbags and accessories) and Denise Houser Design (jewelry) from 3-5 p.m. (366 Water St.)
Thursday, June 23:
- The Runway Fashion Show: Emceed by WCCO-TV's Kate Raddatz, this fashion show showcases “lake style” for men and women with looks from 11 Water Street stores. Doors are at 5:30 p.m., with a 6:30 p.m. showtime. Tickets are $30 and available at eventbrite.com; proceeds benefit the Open Hands Foundation. (Pique Travel, 362 3rd St.)
- Menswear shop J. Novachis is hosting a pre- and post-show shopping party, with male models, a preview of runway looks, style tips from visiting New York stylist Victor Price from 4-5:30 p.m., and a post-party, fit tips from master tailor Michael Aguilar, and shopping until 9 p.m. (218 Water St.)
- BUCK + FIR hosts a pop-up from from locally focused t-shirt brand MPLS / STP Clothing Co. from 7:30-9 p.m. (219 Water St., enter at east parking lot)
- Gray Home + Lifestyle hosts a women’s swimwear pop-up shop from Minneapolis-based brand Hackwith Design House, known for its color-blocked, sporty swimsuits, from 4-9 p.m. (366 Water St.) Cherie Consignment Boutique hosts a Runway Fashion Show pre-party, with discounts and refreshments. (278 Water St.)
- Women's clothing store Amore & Fede hosts a post–fashion show party with drinks and specials from 5-9 p.m. (226 Water St.)
- Primp is offering styling appointments all day to help fashion show attendees pick out their outfits for the evening. (50 Water St.)
- The Suburban and BUCK + FIR co-host an after party for the Runway Fashion Show at the restaurant beginning at 9 p.m., with samples and specialty cocktails from Smirnoff Sourced and live music from Sonically Speaking. Plus, attendees who present their receipt from any purchase from an Excelsior store that day will receive a free drink. (The Suburban, 342 3rd St.)