Image by Fatima Olive
As I look out the window on this frozen morning, the snow reminds me of how pale my typically olive complexion has become. I think of spring’s promise lurking somewhere under the snow, of all the delicate blossoms yet to bloom, and how their subtle colors are the perfect transition from winter.
Not many colors say spring like pink, and this year’s crop of spring makeup collections run the gamut with offerings for every skin tone, as well as taste.
From a pale, peachy blush for cheeks, to a bright, peony lip—spring’s fresh makeup bouquet will warm our pale complexions and make us believe that the snow will melt some day soon!
NARS Edge of Pink Spring 2014 collection available exclusively at Nordstrom’s is all about pink. From pinky-pink to peachy-pink blushes, chubby lip pencils, and a beautiful lavender-pink skin illuminator—perfect to help transition pale winter skin to the lovely shades of spring.
Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Love —a tea rose blush, this is one of those colors that could work on many skin tones from light to medium.
- Descanso —a tea rose lip pencil, sure to be a favorite because of its wearability.
- Villa Lante —a cherry blossom pink lip pencil, beautiful on lighter skin tones.
- Adelaide —a shimmering lavender pink illuminator to give skin a fresh glow.
MAC—A Fantasy of Flowers, launches January 30
As usual with MAC, this collection encompasses a wide array of colors as well as textures. I am loving the lip stick range. Six Lipsticks all in MAC’s Lustre finish:
- Fleur d’Coral—a pale, creamy peach
- Naked Bud—a neutral, sheer nude
- Dreaming Dahlia—a sheer, reddish-coral
- Rose Lily—a sheer, pastel pink
- Snapdragon—a mid-tone, blueish pink
- Heavenly Hybrid—a mid-tone berry
And Nail polishes:
- Girl trouble—my favorite! Super glittery lilac
- Pep pep pep—peach nude
- Saint Germain—light, cool pink
- SOIRÉE—a sparkly, light-bronze gold
Bobbi Brown Uber Pink Collection
· Nail polish in Pink Peony—a bright, blue-pink caught my eye. It’s the perfect amount of bright.
· Illuminating bronzer—creates a seamlessly glowing finish all over the face
· Antigua "Be Pretty"—light-pink bronze.
· Pink Peony "Be Bold"—a rosy pink.
· Neon Pink—a pink fuchsia that is the perfect intensity for those that like a little more color.
· Guerlain-Météorites—although these are not a new spring products, I love these beautiful météorites. These legendary magic pearls illuminate your skin with a fresh, beautiful radiance that’s perfect for spring.
MAKE UP FOR EVER: Rouge Artist Lip Palette #1 warm pink. This pallet offers a great range of color. All are very wearable and perfect to take you from winter to spring and beyond. MAKE UP FOR EVER is one of my favorite all time brands.
Even if the flowers are not ready to bloom any time soon, choose a couple of these shades and to create your own beauty bouquet.