5 Tricks and Tips to Extend the Life of Your Beauty Products
Photo By sunabesyou - Fotolia.com
This week, I had a day off and spent the afternoon at the beach with my good friend and our children. She and I had a chance to talk, and she asked if I had any ideas on how to extend the life of her beauty products.
Our conversation inspired this week's post.
Specifically, I would like to stress need for safety. I believe we are all pretty careful about things like sharing eye makeup, lip products, and brushes and combs. The same care must be taken with extending the life of our beauty products.
Tips and Tricks:
- Makeup especially can harbor bacteria if kept well past its prime, so if your makeup has reached its expiration date, or if has any oder at all, give it a toss.
- Store your nail polish in the refrigerator to keep it cool and give you more mani pedi times. This helps keep the polish from getting thick or separating. If it does get thick, just use about two drops of paint thinner to smooth out the formula.
- Keep your perfume in a cool place where sunlight won’t hit it. The sun can change the scent, so avoiding exposure will help to prolong the life of your fragrance.
- After removing the hair from your brush or comb, shampoo to get rid of any dirt and oils that may be found on the bristles. Taking care of these tools like this will get a good long life out of them.
- For a longer lasting disposable razor dry off the blades after you use it, and do not keep them in your shower which can cause the blades to rust. For added life, sharpen your razors on a pair of old jeans. Do this by running the blade along the jeans away from you around 20 times.
- Wash and condition your makeup brushes about once a week to keep them bacteria-free and soft. Mix warm water and mild soap like a baby shampoo in a small cup, swish the brush around for about 20 seconds, and rinse off with clean water then follow up in a similar manner using a second cup with conditioner in the warm water. Lay the brush flat to dry. This is important because it will help your rushes maintain their shape.
With these tips and tricks I wish you many beautiful days and nights to come.