Mall of America Store Debut Announces New Philanthropic Collection
Pint glasses by Northern Glasses
Courtesy Northern Glasses
Following the craftsmanship-themed product offerings of its initial launch last November, the Mall of America store Debut will roll out a new collection of goods from local and national brands next month. Dubbed Shop for Kindness, the second collection highlights brands with philanthropic missions.
Of the 13 featured companies, nine are Minnesota-based. They include:
- Love Your Melon, which donates hats to children battling cancer with every purchase of its knit beanies;
- My Sister, which works to prevent sex trafficking with ethically sourced apparel and accessories with empowering messages;
- Northern Glasses, which donates a gallon of water with every purchase of its Minnesota-themed pint glasses;
- Humble Apparel, which benefits the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) with sales of its outdoor-geared tees and hats;
- PAB's Packs, which donates one of its backpacks filled with goodies to a chronically ill child with every purchase;
- House of Talents, a Minnesota-based company and North Loop storefront that seeks to empower West African artisans through the sale of artisan products, including colorful, handwoven baskets; and
- Through Jimmy's Eyes, a series of original art works by an autistic artist that benefits the Ann Connelly Memorial Fund at the University of Minnesota Cancer Center.
There will also be a selection of goods from Smile Network International, a Minneapolis-based nonprofit that provides cleft-lip and -palate reconstructive surgery to children in developing countries. The organization recently opened a retail storefront at its Loring Park headquarters named inspire: global gifts for urban adventures, which sells handmade, fair-trade goods by tribal women in developing countries. All of the profits from every item sold at the store helps fund the reconstructive surgeries.
Another highlight is Still Kickin, a Minneapolis-based nonprofit founded by author Nora McInerny that sells a line of activewear. A portion of proceeds from events and sales of the “Still Kickin”-branded tees, sweatshirts, leggings, and coffee mugs help support a new “Still Kickin Hero” each month.
National Shop for Kindness brands include:
- Roma Boots, which donates a new pair of rainboots with every purchase, and 10 percent of all proceeds to educational initiatives around the world;
- Twill Blankets, which donates a blanket to someone in need with every purchase;
- Wears Woody, which supports diabetes nonprofits by donating 10 percent of profits of its beach-themed clothing; and
- Yoobi, a line of school products that donates a Yoobi item to schools across the U.S. with every purchase.
The new collection debuts on May 12. In the meantime, Debut is offering discounts of up to 50 percent on its previous lineup of brands now through April 15, when the store will close for the changeover. Debut is located on level 1 on the north side of the Mall, next to Zara. mallofamerica.com