Top 3 Spring 2014 Trends for Guys
While spring is definitely a time to take a fresh look at fashion for women, there’s no reason that girls should have all the fun. We’ve rounded up some of the top spring trends for Minnesota men looking to show their style this season, all available on the web and in the Twin Cities.
The ’50s are back in a big way, and easy-to-wear Americana styles are a great reflection. From collared denim shirts with rolled-up short sleeves to updated cardigans and members-only jackets, this spring celebrates all that was great about midcentury fashion for guys.
1. Modern Textured Shawl-Collar Cardigan, Banana Republic, $120
2. Contrast Collar Jacket, Club Monaco, $229
3. Short-Sleeve Shirt in Japanese Chambray, J.Crew, $88
Stay on-trend in a shirt or sweater featuring chunky block stripes. Perfect paired with denim or chinos, this retro-inspired pattern adds width to the chest and makes for the perfect relaxed weekend look.
1. Fine-knit Sweater, H&M, $24.95
2. Short Sleeve Stripe Cotton & Linen Shirt, Rag & Bone, $225
3. Short-Sleeve Popover in Pieced Chambray, J.Crew, $98
Push your navy blazers aside this spring and step out in a modern take on the classic sportcoat. Pair a bright jacket with a printed shirt, or take on the trend wholeheartedly in a blazer with an allover pattern.
1. Trim Fit Madras Plaid Sportcoat, Wallin & Bros., $295
2. Morell 10-D Blazer, Boss Hugo Boss, $445
3. Grant Houndstooth Blazer, Club Monaco, $149