This event occurs daily, every 1 day(s).
Cyclists from around the world will be arriving in Minnesota this June for the 18th annual North Star Grand Prix presented by North Memorial Health Care. More than 300 of the best pro and elite cyclists in North America are expected to participate in the five-day race.
The North Star Grand Prix, a five-day, six-stage race held in five cities around east central Minnesota will be June 14 - 18 and is part of USA Cycling’s prestigious national racing calendar.
The host cities are:
· Saint Paul Wednesday, June 14
· Cannon Falls Thursday, June 15
· Uptown Minneapolis Friday, June 16
· North Mankato Saturday, June 17
· Stillwater Sunday, June 18
Once again, the North Star Grand Prix will feature women’s racing. Notable female cyclists from around the world, including Olympic, World and National champions, are expected to compete.
A variety of spectator activities will take place during the festival, each with the goal of increasing interest in the world of cycling for avid athletes, everyday cyclists, families, and community members, including:
· The Greg LeMond CEO Rides for Kids, a ride created by the three-time winner of the Tour de France to benefit the Special Olympics Minnesota local team, will be held during the Minneapolis event;
· The free Park Dental Tour de Kids (12 and under) presented by Shimano Youth Series at each location of the North Star Grand Prix throughout the week;
· Bike expos, health and wellness expos and interactive programming;
· Live music, food trucks and beer gardens at many of the venues
For more on the North Star Grand Prix 2017, please visit northstarbicyclefestival.com.
About the North Star Grand Prix
The 18th annual North Star Grand Prix presented by North Memorial Health Care is a multi-day, multi-location celebration of cycling. The North Star Grand Prix June 14 - 18 is held in five locations across Minnesota. In addition to professional bicycle races, the public is welcome to spectate and enjoy bike expos, food trucks and kids activities such as the Park Dental Tour de Kids presented by Shimano. To date, the North Star Grand Prix has attracted more than 2,500 of the country’s top professional and elite cyclists, including 33 Olympians. This year, hundreds of cyclists and thousands of fans are expected at the Grand Prix, which will benefit Special Olympics Minnesota. Get the details at northstarbicyclefestival.com.
North Memorial Health Care
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.