Cook Like: Thomas and Danny Broder of Broders' Restaurants
Learn how to make Fettuccine with Italian Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, Sour Cherries, and Walnut Pesto
photo by tj turner
Fettuccine with Italian Sausage, Brussel Sprouts, Sour Cherries, and Walnut Pesto
Makes 2-4 servings as a main or side course.
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
2 mild Italian sausage links, casing removed
¼ c. dried cherries
½ c. walnut pesto
¼ c. Brussels sprouts, raw, leaves picked and washed
1 10 oz. package fresh fettuccine
2 Tbsp. Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
walnuts for garnish
parsley for garnish
(Sausage, pasta, and other Italian ingredients available at Broders’ Cucina Italiana.)
1. Heat sauté pan over medium heat. Then fill pasta pot with an abundant amount of salted water and heat to a simmer.
2. Once pan is hot, add olive oil. Sear sausage, then cook through.
3. Add cherries and deglaze pan with ½ c. of water from pasta pot.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in walnut pesto, then add Brussels leaves. Cover and let sit.
5. Boil fettuccine until “al dente” (approximately 1½ minutes).
6. Drain fettuccine, reserving some pasta water.
7. Add fettuccine to sauté pan and toss well, creaming sauce with pasta.
8. Add an additional ½ c. of the reserved pasta water and toss again for at least 30 seconds.
9. Garnish with walnuts, parsley leaves, Parmigiano Reggiano, and serve.