To conceal the citrus stains while working at a juice stand in Florida, Lilly Pulitzer designed a colorful cotton shift. Her dress set off a frenzy among the Palm Beach set. Fifty years later, the Lilly Pulitzer collection remains the epitome of preppy style—and more popular than ever. At Melly, the only Lilly Pulitzer signature store in Minnesota, the mother-daughter team of Mary Mead and Caryn Kelly peddle “Lillies”—punchy, printed cardigans, dresses, and crop pants—in a gleaming new space that’s equally bright and beachy.
1) “Ginger” bikini in gingham, $148.
2) “Tied Up” cuff bracelets, $82 each.
3) “McKim” wedge sandals, $174.
4) “Dorsey” printed dress, $368.
5) “At Ease” straw tote, $188.