Each year designers worldwide wait for the design/color house Pantone to release the Color of the Year. The 2011 pick doesn’t disappoint: Pantone pronounced this coral-pink hue, honeysuckle. Pantone calls honeysuckle a “brave new color for a brave new world,” adding that its “courageous, confident, vital” tone will help us navigate daily troubles “with verve and vigor.” Plus, not only is it flattering on everyone, it creates a homey, happy glow when used on interiors.
(1) The Pantone Honeysuckle color swatch.
(2) Herrang candlestick, $15, from Ikea, ikea.com
(3) Kati jeweled cardigan, $295, from Kate Spade, katespade.com
(4) Oxford shorts, $45, from J. Crew, jcrew.com
(5) Kristin Flap Satchel, $698, by Coach, coach.com
(6) Lola Blue picture frame, $18, from Bachman’s, bachmans.com
(7) Karolina heel, $298, by Kate Spade, katespade.com
(8) Sheen Supreme lipstick in Insanely It, $15, by MAC Cosmetics, maccosmetics.com