Fancy, glossy books make timeless Mother’s Day gifts. These stylish tomes could also double as décor for any coffee table or nightstand.
1. DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS, Trisha Atworth and Amy Noble Shockingly true and funny confessions from real moms, $13 @ shopmama.com.
2. MAKEUP MANUAL, Bobbi Brown Everything you need to know to apply makeup like a pro, $32 @ Bobbi Brown counters.
3. DOG RUN, Michael Crouser A Minnesota photographer observes canines at play, $32 @ Barnes & Noble.
4. LIVE FOREVER: ELIZABETH PEYTON Portraits of pop culture from the contemporary painter, now on exhibit, $60 @ the Walker Shop.
5. ART & TODAY, Eleanor Heartney The works of more than 400 artists from the last three decades, $90 @ the Walker Shop.
6. OBAMA: THE HISTORIC JOURNEY, The New York Times Keepsake coverage of Obama’s journey to the White House, $26 @ Barnes & Noble.
Photo by Todd Buchanan
7. THE SPLENDID TABLE’S HOW TO EAT SUPPER, Lynne Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift Recipes from the public radio show, $35 @ Barnes & Noble.
8. HOME: TOM ARNDT’S MINNESOTA The acclaimed photographer captures the many faces of his home state, $50 @ the Walker Shop.
9. MODERN ARCHITECTURE POP-UP, Anton Radevsky A three-dimensional feast of architecture from around the globe, $45 @ the Walker Shop.
10. BABY BABY: A MEMORY BOOK, Celine Countryman A modern keepsake book created by a St. Paul archivist, $58 @ celinecountryman.com.
11. ROTHKO, Achim Borchardt-Hume The latest look at the famous abstract painter’s life and work, $60 @ the Walker Shop.
12. STYLE, NATURALLY, Summer Rayne Oakes A refreshingly hip and useful guide to sustainable fashion and beauty, $25 @ amazon.com.