Navy is Fall 2014's New Neutral
Navy is the hot new neutral this fall.
Navy is the hot new neutral this fall. And touches of gold or luxurious textures (beaded pillows, fur throws) add richness to even the most minimal of midcentury spaces. Set the color palette with custom artwork and let the layering begin.
Mix patterns to keep glamorous pieces playful
- Hess sofa, $2,500, and black Lira chairs, $700 each, all at Room and Board, 7010 France Ave. S., Edina, 952-927-8835, roomandboard.com
- “Solar Flare” painting by Barry Maxwell, $1,800 @ Circa Gallery, 210 N. 1st St., Mpls., 612-332-2386, circagallery.org
Coffee-table books do double duty as conversation pieces and chic décor
- Antonello Italia table, $1,300 @ IQ Matics, iqmatics.com
- Gold beaded pillow, $30 @ Homegoods, homegoods.com
Curl up with a soft lamb pillow dyed a deep blue hue
- Navy lamb pillow, $350, gold box, $100, black-and-white bond boxes, $120–240, coffee-table books, $60–140, and gold antelope, $30, all @ At Home and Co., 3924 W. 50th St., Edina, 952-922-0111, athomeandco.com
- Yellow Blended Blue chair, throw, and assorted pillows, price upon request @ Blended Blue, 275 Market St., Ste. 364, Mpls., 612-455-6132, blendedblue.com