Stillwater Ladies Night Out
Sometimes a girl’s just got to get away. Especially if she’s a mom. Or a work-a-holic. Or stressed. So yeah, forget gender, everyone needs to put life on pause sometimes.
But for the ladies, downtown Stillwater is a particularly great place to do it, and if you need a little encouragement, this Thursday is the time to go.
Photo by Todd Buchanan
Just 20 miles east of downtown St. Paul, I’ve always considered Stillwater a quick and easy retreat, full of smaller-world charm. Brick buildings, cobblestone streets, shops and treats, all tucked into the bluffs. It’s just the type of escapism women often adore—the [husbands close your ears] retail kind! With a glass of wine.
This Thursday, February 23, happens to be Stillwater’s first LNO in 2012 (that’s Ladies Night Out for those of you without it already pre-programmed into your phone as a regular “commitment”) called “Women’s Hearts Need Love 2,” sponsored by the Main Street Stillwater Independent Business Alliance.
The last time friends and I escaped to Stillwater, all it took was a couple pints and some live Celtic music at Charlie’s Pub in the historic Water Street Inn to call it a success. This Thursday you can get more—a whole lot more: shopping discounts, drink specials, fashion tips, treats, giveaways, you name it! The first 50 who register even receive swag bags. The evening then ends at the aforementioned Water Street Inn at 8:30 p.m., with the opportunity to win prizes from various Stillwater businesses.
The more you shop, the better your odds!
- Grace James Boutique: STARTING POINT! 5:30 Drawing to win a $50 Grace James Giftcard, must be present to win. 10-20% off storewide
- Alesci Gallery: Will be serving chocolates and red wine, because after all, red wine is good for the heart! Everything (and we mean everything) is 10% off!
- Alfresco: Select items 40-70% off! Dana Erickson of Thrivent Financial will be here pouring wine. Enter a drawing for two $25 gift certificates!
- Camy Couture: Pick your discount on one regular-priced item and free gift with purchase of $30 or more
- Collaborations: Stop in for our 20% off Sale!
- Darn Knit Anyway: Buy one of our upcoming classes, and get a second class free!
- Fun Sisters: Free Glitter Makeover! Spend $50 and get a $25 off coupon for March!
- Mainstream Boutique: Warm your heart with our winter clearance 50-70% off
- Maison Galleria: Play Heart Bingo at 6:30, 7:00 or 7:30 for a chance to win prizes! 40% off select merchandise and 40% off Hunter Douglas & Window Treatments when you schedule a FREE in-home consultation!
- Northern Vineyards: Free glass of wine with purchase of a wine tasting
- Restore At Home: Dollar sale! $1, $5, and $10 specials!
- Stella's: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Stokes Jewelry/Katydids: Stop in and play the Star Game with us - store wide specials of 20% to 40% from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Studio One Yoga and Massage: Free five-minute chair massage with wine and snacks! 60-minute massage $59.00 (reg. price $75), five-pack yoga $49.00 (reg. price $61), ten-pack yoga $95.00 (reg. price $117)
- The Dining Room Shop: Draw your discount! Enter a drawing to win prizes!
- This Love of Mine: Drawing for a handmade necklace and 23% off everything in the store! Some restrictions may apply
- Trade Winds Spice: We'll be hosting Lakeview Hospital & Clinic and their very special prize wheel - answer the question you spin correctly and you will be rewarded! We'll also have ideas for you on how to cook healthy without sacrificing flavor, be sampling something tasty and offering of Ladies Night Only specials.
- Valley Bookseller: Special in-store, one night only discounts! Plus register for a $25 gift card!
- Water St. Inn/Charlie's Pub: ENDING POINT! Make a girls night and stay with us overnight tonight for just $99! Dollar off drinks at Charlie's Pub
Busy ladies can be hard to organize, so if you can't make this Thursday night, never fear, Stillwater will still be there for you—minus a few deals. And it's worth a stop.
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 in Permalink