Get Ready, Set...Twin Cities Farmers' Market Season Starts Soon
Mark your calendars and pack your reusable grocery bags. In spite of the snow on the ground, farmers markets around the Twin Cities are gearing up for season openers in the coming weeks!
Prepare to stroll through outdoor markets as you sample and/or purchase fresh produce, plants, baked goods, cheese, meat, honey, maple syrup, confections, soap, crafts, and more. Take some time to talk with the vendors to learn more about their products and what makes them special. In addition to goods to take home, most markets have vendors and/or food trucks with food and drinks, as well as live music and activities for kids. Make the most of your visit by checking out the markets’ websites to see what’s happening on any given weekend.
Here are some of the opening dates for Twin Cities farmers markets:
- Nicollet Mall Farmers Market – April 25, 2013
- North Lyndale Minneapolis Farmers Market – April 27, 2013
- St. Paul Farmers Market - Downtown - April 27, 2013
- Midtown Minneapolis Farmers Market – May 4, 2013
- Mill City Farmers Market – May 11, 2013
- Northeast Minneapolis Farmers Market – May 11, 2013
- Fulton Farmers Market – May 18, 2013
- Kingfield Farmers Market – May 19, 2013
- Apple Valley Farmers Market – June 1, 2013
- Linden Hills Farmers Market – June 2, 2013
- Minnesota Zoo Farmers Market - June 13, 2013
- Burnsville Farmers Market – June 15, 2013
- Lakeville Farmers Market – June 22, 2013
More market tips and tricks:
- Avoid the crowds by going early.
- Get the best deals by going late.
- Wear sensible shoes and sunscreen.
- Pack a water bottle.
- Bring reusable bags.
- Bring cash, preferably small bills.
- Talk to the vendors, but don’t monopolize their time. If you have a lot of questions, ask if you can contact them during the week.
Let the countdown begin!
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 in Permalink