Event Tickets My Account Advertise About Us Contact Us Archive RSS Newsletters
Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print Get this Event Get this Event

People Incorporated’s Artability Art Show & Sale

Event Date/Time

Oct 25, 2013 to Oct 27, 2013
6:00 pm until 4:00 pm

Description

People Incorporated’s Artability program is an annual celebration of the creativity and contributions of people with mental illness to our community. The show will feature some 300 pieces of art, from landscapes and nature photography to anime and abstracts. Artists can sell their work and keep 90% of the sales price. The remaining 10% goes back into the Artability program.

This year’s exhibition will feature a special installation of artwork by people who experience auditory hallucinations (they hear voices due to their mental illness) combined with recordings of the artists talking about their work. The art for this installation will be created at a special workshop, co-led by artist Ethan Heidlebaugh, winner of this year’s poster contest. Ethan participated in the show about six years ago and recently became involved again through the workshops that are part of Artability throughout the year.

Cost Free
Location

Landmark Center
75 West 5th Street
Cortile/Courtroom #317
St. Paul, MN
View map

Additional Information
SponsorPeople Incorporated
Phone651-288-3532
Contact nameKatie Burns
Contact emailKatie.Burns@PeopleIncorporated.org
Websitehttp://PeopleIncorporated.org

We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.

Subscribe

Your Essential Guide to Dining, Shopping & Culture
  • Less than $1.67 an issue.
  • 66.7% off newsstand price.
  • The best Minnesota has to offer.