On behalf of the Uptown Association, the producers of the Uptown Art Fair since 1973, we welcome one and all to the 2010 Uptown Art Fair: Urban Experiences. We are honored to be your hosts and proud that you chose to visit our community.
Friday, August 6 Saturday, August 7 Sunday, August 8
Noon – 8 p.m. 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The intersection of Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue and “The Mall” in Southwest Minneapolis. During the event, Art Fair Headquarters is located at 1440 W. Lake St.
- Professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in each of 12 media including sculpture, painting, wood, glass, jewelry, mixed media, and more
- Tomorrow’s Stars Seen Today youth art fair in Calhoun Square—the future of the Uptown Art Fair
- Festival food and ice-cold beverages from over 20 vendors
- Non-stop entertainment—ranging from reggae to magic—on the performance stage located in the Old Chicago parking lot
- Wine for tasting and purchase in the newly expanded outdoor wine garden located at Old Chicago
- Interactive art activities at the Family Imagination Station and Keys 4/4 Kids Paint a Piano booth
NEW GREEN INITIATIVES:
- Bottle and can recycling
- Complimentary valet bike parking
An average of 375,000 people attend annually, making the Art Fair No. 2 in statewide event attendance, second only to the Minnesota State Fair.
Take an air-conditioned Metro Transit bus from a park and ride lot or light rail station at no charge! Buses run continuous loops on Saturday and Sunday with stops at the Uptown Art Fair, Powderhorn Art Fair, and Loring Park Art Festival, and leave pre-determined stops every 20 minutes. The Uptown stop is located next to the Walker Library on Lagoon Ave. Maps to the lots are available online at www.metrotransit.org/arthop. Route and schedule information is available by calling 612-373-3333.