We are excited to announce a new event: Midwest Home Design Week! It’s an entire week (Feb. 10-16, 2013) dedicated to showcasing the local design community (and a big out-of-town guest) with daily events, showroom open houses, and access to top design talent. To kick off this great week, we are hosting an event at the Weisman Art Museum: Design Boutique.
Why should you attend? Well, here are the top five reasons we’re most excited, and we hope you agree!
1. Thom Filicia, proclaimed A-List Designer by ELLE Décor, is flying in from New York to be the keynote at the Sunday kick-off event. You might remember Thom Filicia for his work as interior design expert on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy; he’s also the founder and chief creative officer of New York City-based design firm Thom Filicia Inc., with clients including Tina Fey, Jennifer Lopez, and Peter Jennings. It’s not every day you get the chance to get insider tips from a designer of the stars. The celebrated designer also is the author of a new book, American Beauty: Renovating and Decorating a Beloved Retreat. Autographed copy, anyone?
2. The luncheon is hosted by entertaining WCCO personality and Minnesota Monthly contributor Jason DeRusha. You can be sure that when he’s interviewing Thom Filicia he won’t leave out any ‘good questions.’
3. After the luncheon there are interactive seminars with top local industry talent. Engage with expert designers, ask the questions you have always wanted to know, and recieve tips and helpful advice on how to turn inspiration into real design.
4. One of the seminars will explain the elements that help bring a room together and provide attendees the opportunity to make decision choices and see their creation come to life in a styled vignette.
5. Spend the day at the Weisman Art Museum. What better, more beautiful, inspirational setting could you ask for?
Oh, and there is a cocktail hour! That’s where the vignette will be showed off.
Kick-off Event: Design Boutique
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Weisman Art Museum
• Luncheon with Thom Filicia
• Design seminars with industry experts
• Marketplace and cocktail hour
For a full list of the week’s events, visit MidwestHomeMag.com/DesignWeek.