There were quite a few fabulous events this past holiday season, which did a great deal to support our community. Here’s just a couple:
Top Chef Challenge
December 8, 2010 – Sabes Jewish Community Center
Why: Introduce the public to meet local talented chefs in our community and learn more about all that the JCC has to offer.
Featured Chefs Included:
- Joe Kaplan of Joe’s Garage
- Samson Palkar of Bukhara Indian Bistro
- Abby Randall of Common Roots Café (along with owner Danny Schwartzman)
- Alfonso Menendez of La Sirena Gorda
- Jim Kyndberg of CRAVE
- Heidi and Stewart Woodman of Heidi’s Minneapolis
- Opening: Valerie Penner of Doc Choc – Creative Artisan Chocolate
More Info: www.sabesjcc.org
Holidays in the Heartland
December 13, 2010 – Dakota Jazz Club
Why: Former Minnesota Viking Esera Tuaolo and attendees raised funds for One Heartland, whose mission it is to create community, offer respite and build lifelong skills by providing an accepting environment for children, youth, and their families facing social isolation.
More Info: oneheartland.org.
Click on the photos to see names of those pictured.