Thank you for your submissions. The contest is now closed.
See your agency’s design on the cover of Minnesota Monthly!
Our June issue will feature summer in Minnesota—the must-do activities, drives, and eats for the summer of 2012, and we are inviting local agencies to help us kick off summer with a kick-ass cover.
Cover theme suggestions:
• What summer means to Minnesotans
• A representation of summer
• What you love about summer
Don’t miss this chance to design the cover of Minnesota Monthly and showcase your agency’s work. Plus, the winner will receive $1,000, be mentioned in the issue, included in our monthly publicity efforts, and receive a framed copy to display! All finalists will be showcased on MNMO.com and on our Facebook page.
Questions? Please contact Creative Director Rob Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contest is open to all design agencies with an office in Minnesota.
• Minnesota agencies may submit more than one design, created by different designers.
• Images can be black and white or CMYK.
• All entries can be submitted online by
March 20, 2012. Extended: April 6!
• Please include your agency name, key contact with phone number and email and a brief (250 word max) creative statement about your design.
• Dimensions: 7.4187 x 9.9167
• Designers should be aware of the masthead, which will occupy approximately three inches at the top of the live area of the cover. Imagery should be created accordingly so that the masthead remains prominent and legible.
• All entries must be 300 dpi resolution.
• By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that the image/design may be used by Minnesota Monthly indefinitely in print and online publications/promotions.
• Any photos containing people also require a photo release(s) signed by the people in the photo. If the subject is under 18, signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
• You agree to: (a) identify any preexisting material that is used in your work, including but not limited to stock art, stock photos, material from art or photo libraries, and other works you have previously prepared, as well as the source of that preexisting material, (b) obtain any permission necessary for Greenspring Media Group to use that preexisting material as it appears in your work, and (c) communicate any possible conflict or duplication with any other publications to Greenspring Media Group at the time the work is submitted.
• Employees of American Public Media Group or their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
• Cover entries must be suitable for publication and refrain from including any profanity or potentially offensive material.
• Entries will be judged by Greenspring Media Group publisher and staff. Greenspring Media Group reserves the right to not select an entry to be published.
• Winner will be contacted to provide native documents (Adobe In Design, Adobe Photoshop, fonts or original photography) to complete the cover design for print.