Restore your skin’s natural glow by repairing sun damage. Then, switch out bronzer and hot pink gloss for neutrals with a little oomph. Dusky pink, gray, and purple are matched with bold teal and green. Blush and lipstick return for this fall’s ladylike look.
1. Coral Love Glossimer, $27, chanel.com.
2. & 3. Luscious Lip Shine in Berlin and Manila, $15 each, target.com.
4. NARS Pure Matte in Bangkok, $25, narscosmetics.com.
5. Rajasthan eye shadow, $32, narscosmetics.com.
6. Quadra eye shadow in Enigma, $56, chanel.com.
7. Plum Attraction blush, $42, chanel.com.
8. Long-lasting eyeliner in Cassis, $28, chanel.com.
9. Doceur blush, $26, narscosmetics.com.
10. Nicole by OPI for Target, $7 each, target.com.
11. La Prairie White Caviar Illuminating Eye Serum, $250, laprairie.com.
12. Tarte Ten limited-edition cheek stain, $30, sephora.com.
13. XII Element Cleansing Milk, $32, galenlabs.com.
14. Repairwear Laser Focus, $45, clinique.com.
TOUGH AS NAILS
If you’ve avoided manicures because you inevitably chip a nail going from the salon to your car—never mind the trauma of artificial nails—Shellac may be the ticket to a polished life.
You’ll enjoy the little luxuries of a manicure—filing, shaping, a massage or paraffin-wax dip. But instead of painting nails with regular polish or dragon-lady gels, the manicurist applies a hybrid gel-polish. After curing under a UV light for a few seconds, your nails are set for up to 21 days.
There’s promising news for the brittle-nail crowd, too. Manicurist Rhonda Hansford, the first in town to offer Shellac, says she feels Shellac is beneficial for dry nails. “It’s really nice and protective,” she says. “The polish bonds to the nail and protects it more than natural nail polish would. The nail has time to grow.”
Removal is a cinch. Acetone-soaked swabs take the gel right off—no buffing. “It’s an awesome treatment,” Hansford says.