We’re less than two weeks away from the first annual Midwest Home Design Week and we can hardly wait! The week has filled up with all sorts of events, perfect for the novice and professional alike. Really, it’s an event for all parties interested in design, trends, and perpetual learning—plus, some great networking and meeting experts!
To clarify a couple other commonly asked questions: There’s some cost involved with some events, but others are free; check the event website for specifics. No, you don’t need to attend all events, or any one in particular, to participate. Pick and choose what’s most appropriate and interesting to you, like any two of the four kick-off event breakout sesions. You can’t go wrong.
If you only know about the kick-off event on Sunday, February 10 with keynote speaker Thom Filicia at The Weisman, make sure you check of the rest of the calendar, as there’s lots more happening all week long. Here’s a quick glance:
Monday, Feb. 11:
- Hands-On Class: Meet the Developer of Sherwin-Williams Faux Impressions as You Design Finishes Live
- Meet & Greet With Thom Filicia at Kohler Signature Store
Tuesday, Feb. 12:
- ASID Minnesota’s “A Designer’s World Revealed”
- Bolier “Incorporating Classic Forms Inspired by Traditional Furniture into Your Contemporary, Modern Lifestyle”
Wednesday, Feb. 13:
- Countertop 101 at Stone Countertop Outlet
- Hedberg’s Top Designers Share Their Top Tips
- Open House: Studio M Interiors at Mingle and Mingle Cabinetry Furnishings and Design
Thursday, Feb. 14:
- Üson Lunch and Learn
- American Craftsmanship Lunch & Learn
- Open House: idc-automatic
- Open House: The Sale Room @IMS
Friday, Feb. 15:
- Behind the Scenes at Cosentino
Saturday, Feb. 16:
- Kohler “Dare to be Inspired”
- Griffin Gallery Open House
Find the full schedule with details at MHMAG.com/DesignWeek. Tickets to the kick-off event and ASID event are available online.
We hope to see you there!