Macy’s Trend CorrespondentI was born and raised in:
I currently live in:
North Loop, downtown Minneapolis
My five favorite things about the Twin Cities:
1. The performing arts. Minneapolis’ theaters are second per capita to New York City!
2. It’s so easy to get away from the city, enjoy the outdoors and hit the hottest restaurant in town all in the same day!
3. Great places to workout: The Firm and Minneapolis Lifetime Athletic Club
4. The Minneapolis Farmers’ Market. It’s the best on weekends during the summer and fall seasons.
5. Minnehaha Park with its miles of jogging and biking trails
A local hidden treasure that visitors shouldn’t miss:
Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and Bird Sanctuary. It’s the oldest wildflower garden in the nation and it is just steps away from downtown Minneapolis.
My favorite local hangout:
Bellanotte in downtown Minneapolis
My favorite restaurant:
View Restaurant and Lounge. It has a cool atmosphere, an outdoor patio overlooking Lake Calhoun and healthy and delicious food.
What distinguishes the Twin Cities shopping scene from other metropolitan areas?
There is a great assortment of designer fashion available here in Minneapolis and many amazing vintage stores for those who like to go thrift shopping.
What are three of the biggest fashion trends for this winter?
The Skinny Jean, leggings and layering