Photo by Lorie Line Music
I was born and raised in:
Phoenix. I grew up in Reno, Nev., and have lived in the Twin Cities for 20 years.
I currently live in: Orono, Minn., on Lake Minnetonka
Five things I love about the Twin Cities:
1. The landscape. I love every season of the trees, the lakes and the clean air.
2. Downtown. I love having a cosmopolitan city at my fingertips.
3. Good schools. I know my kids are getting a great education.
4. Restaurants and shopping. Eating great food and having lots of choices of where to buy my favorite things is the best!
5. The people. There’s no place like the Twin Cities. People here get involved. They are kind, educated, spiritual, caring and fun.
My perfect day spent in the Twin Cities:
A morning walk (with a good cappuccino in hand) in the gardens at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, followed by lunch at Lucia’s in Uptown. Then I’d take in a little Uptown shopping, making my way downtown to my favorite stores. Afterward, I’d head out and stop for more shopping at the Galleria. I’d end the evening on Lake Minnetonka, a sunset cruise, and dine at Lord Fletcher’s, having the house special, the walleye.
What is it about the Twin Cities that has helped you become so successful?
I think people in the Twin Cities liked me because they recognized that I was a very down-to-earth person with a very humble background. They also loved my music, so when I first started playing the piano at Dayton’s, they put these two elements together. Many people walked up to me, introduced themselves and encouraged me to record a CD. They started attending my annual holiday show and today it has become a tradition for many families. It’s a great show for the entire family because it has something in it for everyone. In reality, I’m just an everyday mom and wife, out there making a living on the stage.