1. DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS, Trisha Atworth and Amy Noble Shockingly true and funny confessions from real moms, $13 @ shopmama.com.
2. MAKEUP MANUAL, Bobbi Brown Everything you need to know to apply makeup like a pro, $32 @ Bobbi Brown counters.
3. DOG RUN, Michael Crouser A Minnesota photographer observes canines at play, $32 @ Barnes & Noble.
4. LIVE FOREVER: ELIZABETH PEYTON Portraits of pop culture from the contemporary painter, now on exhibit, $60 @ the Walker Shop.
5. ART & TODAY, Eleanor Heartney The works of more than 400 artists from the last three decades, $90 @ the Walker Shop.
6. OBAMA: THE HISTORIC JOURNEY, The New York Times Keepsake coverage of Obama’s journey to the White House, $26 @ Barnes & Noble.
Photo by Todd Buchanan
7. THE SPLENDID TABLE’S HOW TO EAT SUPPER, Lynne Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift Recipes from the public radio show, $35 @ Barnes & Noble.
8. HOME: TOM ARNDT’S MINNESOTA The acclaimed photographer captures the many faces of his home state, $50 @ the Walker Shop.
9. MODERN ARCHITECTURE POP-UP, Anton Radevsky A three-dimensional feast of architecture from around the globe, $45 @ the Walker Shop.
10. BABY BABY: A MEMORY BOOK, Celine Countryman A modern keepsake book created by a St. Paul archivist, $58 @ celinecountryman.com.
11. ROTHKO, Achim Borchardt-Hume The latest look at the famous abstract painter’s life and work, $60 @ the Walker Shop.
12. STYLE, NATURALLY, Summer Rayne Oakes A refreshingly hip and useful guide to sustainable fashion and beauty, $25 @ amazon.com.