SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION
Go Red For Women and Heart Month
January 24, 2012
Go Red For Women – Twin Cities Annual Lunch & Learn
Marriott City Center, Minneapolis
9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
Attend this annual event with the Twin Cities top women executives. Enjoy workshops, health screenings, give-aways and an inspiring luncheon program. Learn about heart disease, help raise funds for research, and walk away informed and empowered to live healthier. For more information, visit heart.org/TwinCitiesLuncheon or contact Alicia Gordon at Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-278-7922.
February 3, 2012
National Wear Red Day
Join millions of women and businesses across the country and “Wear Red” to show your support and raise awareness to stop women’s No. 1 killer – heart disease. Download free materials and information online at goredforwomen.org.
February 4, 2011
Go Red at MOA
Mall of America, Bloomington
Attend these free activities around the Mall of America in honor of National Wear Red. Learn how to lower your risks for heart disease and live healthier. Free give-aways will be available. For more information contact Barbara Ducharme at Barbara.email@example.com or 952-278-7910.
• Go Red Fashion Show & Concert – Best Buy Rotunda, presented by Boston Scientific. Enjoy student-designed red fashions and the inspiring stories of survivor models.
• Go Red Casting Call – Macy’s Court, presented by Macy’s. Share how heart disease has affected your life or the loved ones in your life and you might just be the next Go Red For Women spokeswoman! Enjoy free make-up touch ups and “Wear Red Day Sale” coupons from Macy’s.
• Diva Couch – A Picture and A Promise – Macy’s Court, presented by HealthEast and MyTalk 107.1. Get your diva on and take a photo with Jason from MyTalk 107.1 as a reminder and promise to put yourself and your health first.
• ‘Be the Beat’ and Learn CPR – Sears Court, presented by Medtronic. Learn how to save a life in two easy steps and just 15 minutes with “Hands-Only CPR.”
• Relax for Goodness Sake – Nordstrom’s Court. Learn tips and techniques to de-stress and relax and put yourself first from time to time.
• Fit for Life – Bloomingdale’s Court, presented by St. Jude Medical. Meet fitness expert Chris Freytag and learn how to fit fitness into your busy life.
February 19, 2012
The Revolution Concert: A Benefit 2 Celebrate Life!
First Avenue, Minneapolis
Drummer Bobby Z and The Revolution, Prince’s former back-up band during the Purple Rain-era, is hosting a benefit concert to raise heart-health awareness on the one-year anniversary of his heart attack. Find more information online at heart.org/TheRevolutionConcert.