I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It’s magic scent lures me out of bed and gets me going especially on mornings like this when I feel the autumn chill in the air.
Besides the aroma, I love all the many shades of coffee from a rich dark roast to a frothy cappuccino.
Since a nude palette is essential for this fall’s on-trend beauty looks, I thought I’d share my top 10 list of must-have coffee-shaded makeup. You can trust every color is good to the last drop.
Nobody does brown like Bobbi Brown. Since the launch of her namesake brand in the 90s (the heyday of brown) Bobbi has continued to brew a range of truly wearable neutrals for all skin tones. Her Nude on Nude palette is a perfect example of a well-balanced and truly wearable range of neutral eye shadows.
- Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake is a warm nude color in a cream to powder formula that has a light pay off (fool proof application) with a slight shimmer. It’s simply perfect to lightly warm up your skin.
- Nars Laguna Bronzer—Hands down this is the best bronzer on the market for most light to medium skin tones. This riche café-o-lait-colored bronzer is infused with just a hint of gold to give you a skin kiss glow.
Here you have a real range of shades, depending on how much cream you like in your coffee.
- MAC Cream in your Coffee (seriously that’s the name) is a berry colored nude that works well on lighter skin tones.
- MAC Spice pencil—Cinnamon-brown lip pencil that has been around since the 90s and is still a top seller. It was Linda Evangelista’s 90’s fav
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip color in Totally Toffee offers a more caramel macchiato color with gold undertones.
- My personal favorite is Bobbi Brown—Brown. This color was part of the original launch of Bobbi’s makeup line and is as wearable as ever. Brown is great for olive skin with pigmented lips like mine. As a matter of fact, I am wearing it right now. And it looks surprisingly like my Starbucks Pike Place with room for soy milk.
- And for those that like their coffee black (no cream, no sugar) try Laura Mercier Cocoa—A rich dark chocolate truffle with just enough red to keep it from looking too goth.
There are a wonderful scope of colors for nails this season.
- Zoya Professional Nail Laquer in Taylor is like the froth on a white chocolate Mocha.
- Opi has a Nordic-inspired fall collection including Ice-Berger & Fries, a caramel-macchiato shade as well as And How Great is your Dane, which is Café mocha hued.
- Essi’s Little Brown Dress is a true espresso shade, deep and rich.
With all these great product to choose from you may decide to skip that Salted caramel mocha (at 520 calories) and celebrate with a calorie free, caffeine free, new coffee colored beauty treat.