Most secrets are to be kept, but this is one secret I absolutely need to share: Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage is a makeup artist’s dream. The two-tone concealer camouflages all sorts of imperfections, creating a flawless complexion. Its magic is no wonder: it was created by a makeup artist who attended painting school.
What makes this product really unique is the high level of pigment (translation: amazing coverage). It’s also oil free, which I love because it stays put and doesn’t creep into fine lines. And every compact has two shades that allows for blending the perfect color you need exactly when you are going to use it.
I have been working with the secret camouflage for about two months and here are my tips for using it.
1. Find the right shade combination. The best selling color combinations are SC-3 and SC-4.
2. Buy a brush to use when applying it. I recommend a small, flat, rounded-tip brush with synthetic hair.
3. The concealer works best applied after moisturizing and over foundation.
4. Warm and blend the two shades in your palm to create the perfect color combination before brushing onto imperfections. (I usually start with the lighter shade and gradually add the darker.)
5. Apply using feather-like strokes. Remember: less is more. The fact that this product is highly pigmented means you need less to cover.
6. Only apply where there is discoloration (do not apply corner to corner under the eyes, just in the areas of darkness to even out the skin tone).
7. Use a translucent or invisible setting powder over the concealer to set.
And viola! Your skin will look as if it’s been airbrushed.