There’s such a fun little shopping event happening on Saturday that I must share it with you. One of my favorite haunts is the Selby & Snelling corner in St. Paul. So much retail goodness is popping up there that you can now take an afternoon to shop the boutiques!
From noon to 5 p.m. shop all the boutiques and the vendors in the alleyway—don’t worry, no shady characters in this alley. Rather, find a garden-like atmosphere and art vendors—one of my favorites, letterpress and t-shirt entrepreneurs Vandalia Street Press, will be there.
Peep the new shop Allee-metro chic. Owned by the same woman who owns the charming Nina’s Café in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood, its first days will kick off with this event.
The full list of participating shops is:
- Lula (vintage clothing)
- The Drawbridge (vintage home décor)
- Flirt (incomparable lingerie)
- A. Michele (beautiful boutique with women’s fashion and accessories)
- Everyday People (vintage/consignment—great designer bargains)
- Tennis on Selby (haute tennis gear)
- Two Smart Cookies (tasty bakery)
- Initially Yours (monogrammed gifts)
- HeddyFreddy (handbag systems)
- Patina (needs no explanation)
- Allee-metro chic (the latest addition)
There’ll be live music, French treats, and possibly a little bubbly.
Pick up your dance card at any boutique. Collect ten stamps from the boutiques and enter to win a $500 gift card. The only problem would be figuring out where to spend it!
(P.S. Don’t forget there’s free parking behind the Associated Bank. No need to troll for spots on the street if it’s super busy. And, you’ll be super close to Go Vintage and Up Six…just saying!)