The story of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat may be familiar to you, but it’s the kind of show that gets better with each viewing. With its sing-a-long tunes, bright colors, and a high energy cast, add another tally mark to your Joseph count with the current production at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre.
Five reasons you should go:
1. If you like Phantom of the Opera, Cats, and Evita, you’ll like Joseph. Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote the music for all these rock-musicals, each as much fun as the next.
2. There is music for everyone. There is a country tune, an Elvis impersonation, a French number, even a calypso piece.
3. Bare legs and chests (from the men). Joseph, played by Jared Oxborough, is shirtless for the majority of the play, his abs on display for all to see. Ladies, you hear what we’re saying.
4. Audience interaction. Not only do the actors come out into the audience to dance and sing, they chose two kids per show to play along with them on stage.
5. A quick, fun night. The show clocks in just under two hours with an intermission, which both the antsy kids and accompaying adults can appreciate.
This show is for all ages, so little ones and grandparents alike will enjoy it. Check out the chanhassentheatres.com/joseph for further details.
Read Bartley’s full review at theplaybillcollector.com.