Wearing botanical prints is a novel way to add pattern and color into your wardrobe. From subtle patterns to bold prints, here’s how to wear this blooming trend.
PHOTOs BY TJ TURNER
- Jahna says: “Combine a bold pattern with solids for a balanced look.”
- Isaia blazer, $3,995, Frank & Eileen shirt, $206, Orlebar Brown pants, $330, Gitman Vintage tie, $100, Edward Armah lapel flower, $34, and Paul Smith brogues, $575, all @ Martin Patrick 3, martinpatrick3.com
- Jahna says: “Give a subtle floral print a punch by pairing it with a patterned tie.”
- Topman blazer, $160, Bonobos shirt, $85, AG khaki, $168, Topman tie, $20, J.Z. Richards pocket square, $39.50, Trafalager belt, $85, and Allen Edmonds cap-toe oxford, $385, all @ Nordstrom Mall of America and Ridgedale, nordstrom.com
- Jack Spade cardigan, $228, Gitman Vintage shirt, $199, Eleventy tie, $155, Bosca belt, $110, and Quoddy boat shoe, $315, all @ Martin Patrick 3. Bonobos chinos, $98 @ Nordstrom
- Topman trench coat, $140, Rag & Bone cardigan, $275, Etro t-shirt, $310, 1901 chinos, $59.50, Trafalagar belt, $65, and Magnanni sneaker, $350, all @ Nordstrom
- Jack Spade suit, $898, and Edward Armah lapel flower, $34, both @ Martin Patrick 3. Topman shirt, $55, Topman tie, $20, Trafalager belt, $85, and Nordstrom pocket square, $29.50, and Allen Edmonds cap-toe oxford, $385, all @ Nordstrom
- Gitman Vintage shirt, $189, Orlebar Brown pants, $290, Quoddy boat shoe, $270, and Smart Turnout belt, $109, all @ Martin Patrick 3
Pair your unique prints with a bold shoe for a fresh spring look.
Lanona Shoe Co. was born four years ago when founder Ben Ransom set out to create a custom shoe for himself. Two years later, he launched the Lanona brand, and recently opened its first showroom in Lowertown St. Paul. Available in more than 30 customizable, vegetable-dyed leathers sourced within the Midwest—ranging from rich mahogany to hunter green—the line of shoes and boots are designed with a fresh eye to the classics. In a city full of Red Wings, Lanona Shoe Co. stands out.
- Clockwise from top: Lanona Shoe Co. “Concourse” slide, $145, “Porter” boot, $380, “Tavern” boot (green), $295, “Spaulding” boat shoe, $265, “Academic” boot, $320, “Tavern” boot (natural), $295, and “Fireside” moccasin, $220, all @ lanona.co