Minneapolis’ reVamp! Salonspa owner Christopher Hopkins, also known as “The Makeover Guy” for his work on shows like Oprah, recently released his new book, Staging Your Comeback: A Complete Beauty Revival for Women Over 45. “I think that women become more beautiful as they age, but often don’t feel it,” says Hopkins. His book offers beauty solutions and practical instruction for getting out of that rut and achieving a midlife transformation.
I’m not over 45, but I still can appreciate Hopkins’ observations, advice, and sense of humor when it comes to reviving clothing, hair, and makeup. Here, a few words of advice from the book that apply to women of every age:
- If a trend is flattering on you, then wear it. If it’s not, don’t waste your time or money.
- Classic clothing is always in style, and is universally flattering to everyone and every age. Classics include a little black dress, a white shirt, a trench coat, a great pair of jeans, a pair of black, high-heel pumps, and a string of pearls.
- Bling on your butt puts junk in your trunk.
- Your perfect haircut looks effortless.
- So you think you need a perm? You don’t. You shouldn’t need one if you have the right haircut.
- Signs that your hair is too long: You’re always pulling it back and rarely wear it down.
- The quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to eliminate the look of aging skin is foundation.
- The most important thing anyone can do to brighten and open her eyes is to curl the upper lashes.
- Next to a good bra, having your eyebrows done is the best thing you can do for a lift.
Meet Hopkins for a book signing and beauty presentation this Saturday, May 3, at Barnes & Noble in the Galleria, Edina. Call 952-920-0633 for more information, or purchase your book online here.