10. This is the 125th anniversary of the carnival
9. It helps boost St. Paul’s economy (the carnival brings an estimated $3.5 to $5 million each year)
8. You get to hang out with people like King Boreas Rex LXXIX (74), Vulcanus Rex, Klondike Kate, General Flameous, and Baron Hot Sparkus
7. You get a sweet button
6. Ice sculptures galore!
5. Snow sculptures galore!
4. The Ice Bar in Rice Park
3. The torchlight parade Saturday, February 5, at 5:30 p.m.
2. Fireworks and the Vulcan dance party following the parade Saturday night
1. The next great Minnesota get-together isn’t until the State Fair, and let’s face it, that feels like a long ways off.
See the website for a full events list, times, and dates. winter-carnival.com