- This event has passed.
International Forum on Consciousness Nature, Earth and Humanity: Evolution of Connection
May 18 - May 19$300
Annual Forum dedicated to exploration of consciousness to be held May 18-19 in Madison, WI
The 2023 International Forum on Consciousness will draw thought leaders and researchers to Madison, WI May 18-19 to explore relationships of human society to the planetary environment and to the larger dimension of time and space. Now in its 13th year, the annual Forum is dedicated to information-sharing and discussion regarding important—and often challenging—topics related to the exploration of consciousness.
Key questions addressed in 2023 will include:
• How do our perceptions and perspectives intersect with the reality of how our decisions impact our planetary home?
• How can we foster a culture of consciousness that respects all living beings and natural resources, and, possibly, is restorative?
The event brings together experts, practitioners and the interested public to explore diverse perspectives on truth and reality. In-depth presentations, immersive experiences, live music and time for connection and meaningful dialogue with presenters and attendees enable transdisciplinary collaboration.
Details & Registration
• What: The annual International Forum on Consciousness is co-hosted by the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute), Promega Corporation and Usona Institute. View videos from past Forums here.
• When: May 18-19, 2023
• Where: BioPharmaceutical Technology Center, Promega Corporation, 5445 East Cheryl Parkway, Fitchburg, WI 53711
• Who: Researchers, students, practitioners, thought leaders, interested general public
• Registration: $300. Scholarships available. Register and find more information at www.btci.org/forum
• Christopher M. Bache, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Philosophy and Religious Studies, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
• Marcia Bjornerud, Ph.D., Walter Schober Professor of Environmental Studies and Professor of Geosciences, Lawrence University, Appleton, WI
• Dekila Chungyalpa, Director of the Loka Initiative, Center for Healthy Minds and Healthy Minds Innovations, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, WI
• Marcelo Gleiser, Ph.D., Appleton Professor of Natural Philosophy and Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
• Thomas Metzinger, Ph.D., Professor; Director: MPE-Research Network; Adjunct Fellow: Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies; President: Barbara-Wengeler-Stiftung; Founder & former director: MIND Group — Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, GERMANY
• Odessa Piper, Restaurateur and Chef, Organic Arts | Perennial Foodways Advocacy, Roslindale, MA
• Gavin Van Horn, Ph.D., Executive Editor, Center for Humans and Nature Press Books, Center for Humans and Nature, Libertyville, IL
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.
To submit an event for consideration, consult our calendar policies and guidelines.