- This event has passed.
Panel: MN’s Housing Crisis and How You Can Help with AmeriCorps
December 2, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
We’re bringing together leaders, experts, and organizations who are dedicated to addressing Minnesota’s housing crisis, including representatives from two AmeriCorps programs, Heading Home Corps and Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity.
Join us to learn:
* What the crisis of affordable housing in MN looks like right now
* The current path to find safe and stable affordable housing
* How AmeriCorps members are supporting affordable housing in MN
* Options for people interested in serving with housing-related AmeriCorps programs
* What serving as an AmeriCorps member in these programs is like.
This is a great way to get to know our newest AmeriCorps program, Heading Home Corps, which is actively recruiting. Through Heading Home Corps, AmeriCorps members serve as Housing Resource Navigators to guide people experiencing homelessness through the process of securing safe and stable housing.
You’ll also hear from Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, which is also currently recruiting AmeriCorps members. As a part of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, AmeriCorps members help support construction of affordable housing by serving on a build crew or in Habitat’s office.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.
To submit an event for consideration, consult our calendar policies and guidelines.