Seward Community Co-Op’s 50th Anniversary Block Party
July 10 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Come Celebrate 50 Years!
Seward Co-Op Block Party is Sunday, July 10th
Enjoy Live Music, Food from Local Producers and Family Fun!
WHAT: Seward Community Co-Op’s 50th Anniversary Block Party
Help Seward Community Co-Op celebrate 50 years and enjoy an entire day of local food, music and activities fit for the entire family. We’re partnering with Open Streets Franklin Ave. to bring all the fun to Franklin Avenue between 25th and 26th Ave.
Open Streets offers local businesses, artists, and community groups the opportunity to transform their streets, showcasing the diversity, creativity, and culture of Minneapolis. Seward Co-op is thrilled to showcase its mission to use food and connection to build and sustain a healthy community. Seward Co-op puts its values first, serves the community rather than shareholders and has been an economic anchor on E. Franklin Ave. and at the forefront of many social movements for 50 years. Come celebrate half a century at the Seward Co-op Block Party!
Here is a sampling of the activities planned:
• Community Meal featuring your choice of two of three: Seward Co-op-made burger, made-without-gluten, vegan salad, and/or Seward Co-op baked beans, plus a can of La Croix, all for $5.
• Community Foods Fair- meet and sample treats from local producers.
• Live music from Malamanya and DJs curated by Phillips-based local radio station KRSM
• Family friendly activities with our community partners and SEED recipients.
• Live screen printing with Monica Nadal: Screen print your own reusable co-op grocery bag! Bring your own tote bag to print on, or we’ll provide one to the first 75 people.
• Seward Co-op staff art fair
• Bounce house
Event is open to all! RSVP is not required, but if you register via the Eventbrite link below, we will send you a reminder email the day before the event.
WHEN: Sunday, July 10
11am – 4:30 pm
WHERE: 25th and 26th Avenues on Franklin Avenue (in front of Merwyn Triangle Park)
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.
To submit an event for consideration, consult our calendar policies and guidelines.