The iconic crossroads of 50th and France in Edina will be filled with art and those that love art all weekend. Some 300,000 people will pass through to welcome back the Minnesota tradition in person. Now in its 55th year, the art fair has been regarded as one of the top 50 art festivals in the nation. After a two-year hiatus, this year celebrates “The Art of Community,” reminding us of the value of art and the power of artists to connect all walks of life into one community.
Jerrod’s tips to shop to the Edina Art Fair:
- Explore the inaugural class of three emerging artists featured this year at the fair. These artists are breaking barriers with the art they create and share. Look for a new class of emerging artist each year.
- Make this a family day, and don’t miss the Kids Zone on the Nolan Mains Plaza.
- Find an artist you love and want to build a collection around. If you cannot afford the big original now, start small with prints and smaller works of art. They will appreciate you growing with them over the years.
- Build your own art community by connecting with artists and following them on Instagram to stay connected year-round.
- The artists are there to show you their best and share their story.
- Educate your eye. See as much as you can this weekend—and always!
Remember, sometimes art is meant to challenge us. Always buy from the heart and the artists you feel connected with.
Share your purchase and Edina Art Fair experience with us by tagging #mnmomag
For all the details on how to enjoy the Edina Art Fair, including the entertainment lineup and food and drink options, visit edinaartfair.com
Edina Art Fair hours:
- Friday, June 3, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 5, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.