We are thrilled and honored to announce Minnesota Monthly took home several awards at the Minnesota Media + Publishing Association‘s (MMPA) Annual Excellence Awards Ceremony.
“Day-to-day, we just try to make stuff that we love and that engages our readers. Period,” says Minnesota Monthly senior editor Reed Fischer. That said, it’s still exciting when our esteemed industry peers who serve as MMPA Awards judges share our enthusiasm. These wins speak to the high standards shared by our management, editors, designers, and freelance contributors.”
Our awards include:
- Gold Award for cover design for our December 2018 issue
- Gold Award for feature design for Best New Restaurants
- Silver Award for feature design for Best Burgers
- Silver Award for overall excellence
- Silver Award for Editor’s or Publisher’s editorial or letter to the readers for senior editor Reed Fischer’s If These Walls Could Talk letter.
- Bronze Award for print or online feature article for our story, Serious Dough
- Bronze Award for overall design
All Minnesota Monthly‘s awards won in the category of general interest publication with under 60,000 distribution.
We are also proud to share that our sister publication, Midwest Home, won 2019 Magazine of the Year along with several other awards including:
- Gold Award for overall excellence
- Gold Award for feature design for our story, From the Ashes
- Silver Award for print or online feature article for our story, A Modern Un-Cabin
- Silver Award for single-topic issue, special section, or special supplement for our Midwest Home Remodeling Guide 2019
- Silver Award for overall design
- Silver Award for cover design for our January/February 2019 issue
- Bronze Award for print or online profile article for our Stylemaker story, Intentional Style
All Midwest Home‘s awards won in the category of special interest publication with under 60,000 distribution.
Finally, one of Greenspring Media’s custom publications, B Magazine, won a silver award for print or online feature article for a story titled, Strength in Numbers. This award was given in the association/education category.
Many of our talented staff attended the Association’s 23rd Annual Excellence Awards last night to accept the awards. The recognition is fueling our team to produce extraordinary products in 2020.
Don’t miss out on our award-winning content and design! Click here to subscribe.