photo courtesy pinstripes
Get ready to go back to your school days, when PB&J sandwiches ruled supreme in Lunchbox Land—or maybe they still do. Either way, Pinstripes is here to give your taste buds a meal down memory lane, back to fifth grade or just last Monday, with their “Grown Up” PB&J Sharing Menu for Two.
In honor of National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day (April 2), the Edina triumvirate of bistro, bocce, and bowling offers a playful and creative five-course meal that pays homage to the childhood classic. It feels only right considering the average American will have downed more than 2,000 stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth sandwiches before they graduate high school.
Menu items for this special occasion include:
• Tenderloin PB&J (espresso-crusted filet mignon, nut butter and raspberry preserves, artisan brioche)
• Crustless PB&J (strawberries, blackberries, mint, burrata)
• Not Your Mom’s Flatbread (chunky peanut butter, raspberry preserves, fontinella and mozzarella cheese, Fresno peppers)
• Nutty Chicken Pasta (house-made pappardelle pasta, cage-free chicken, peanut sauce, cherry-blueberry-bourbon preserves)
• PB&J with a Spoon (house-made peanut butter gelato, Concord grape sorbet, pound cake)
Tickets for the event come in at $75 for a two-person sharing menu, and top out at $100 if you care to pair each course with a wine or craft beer.
And if you’re unable to make this special occasion, don’t fret. The menu is available indefinitely, so it’s always peanut butter jelly time.