Do the children in your life know how about the journey their meals make to get to the table?
I’m on vacation this week, but I wanted to pass along some interesting news I received from my friends at the Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture—a program that introduces children to local farmers on the farm.
The Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota (SFA-MN) is now arranging farm tours for urban and suburban school groups.
What they need to know:
- The location of your group (the grade and subject of the class/group)
- The kind of farm your group is interested in touring (vegetable growers, dairies, pasture raised meat, orchards…etc.)
- The date(s) that work best for your group
- The size of your group
After reviewing this information, they will match you with the ideal sustainable farmer in your area and then arrange for a tour of the farm.
The children in your group will:
- Be better informed in how to make healthy and sustainable food choices
- Gain a greater understanding of sustainable agriculture
- Better understand their role in our complex food system
Interested? Please contact SFA-MN Events and Youth Outreach Committee member Jerry Ford at email@example.com or 320-543-3394.