In lieu of an actual Minnesota State Fair, organizers put together the Food Parade for a drive-through, COVID-safe feast at the fairgrounds. It was so popular that the experience will return October 1-4 and 8-11. This time, though, the menu embraces the flavors of fall.
According to a press release, the autumnal offerings include:
- Brie and cranberry topping option on Turkey to Go sandwiches
- Polish sausages and sauerkraut at Butcher Boys/Pitchfork Sausage
- Pumpkin spice funnel cakes and fried Oreos with pumpkin spice cream dipping sauce, plus hot apple cider, at The Hangar
- Deep-fried pickles and hot cider at Cheese On-A-Stick and Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade
- Deep-fried pumpkin and apple pies with cinnamon ice cream at Minneapple Pie
Traditionalists need not fret. It’s not all seasonal. Also on the route: Fresh French Fries, Mouth Trap Cheese Curds, Que Viet, Sweets & Treats, Pronto Pups, Tom Thumb Donuts, West Indies Soul Food, Hansen’s Foot Long Hot Dogs & Corn Dogs, Giggles’ Campfire Grill, El Sol Mexican Foods, and—naturally—Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar.
To buy a Fall Food Parade vehicle ticket, register here for the vehicle ticket lottery by Thursday, Sept. 17, at noon. The lucky souls will hear back at 8 a.m. Monday, September 21. It’s $20 per car, and a whole range of menu items and details can be found at the State Fair’s website.