It’s that time again for the annual Galleria Floral Experience with gardens by Bachman’s. From now through April 9, the common areas of The Galleria in Edina will feature the “World of Wonder” exhibits complete with more than 100 species of trees, shrubs, plants, flowers and bulbs. It is pure whimsy for all the senses.
This is the fourth year of this event and a treat to all who wander and take the time to smell the flowers. Some fun facts:
- More than 3,000 bulbs are coaxed into early bloom by the experts at Bachman’s for this event. New this year, Allium bulbs join the show. To keep things looking fresh, all the flowering bulbs are replaced halfway through the run by the night shift gardeners who keep the exhibit groomed.
- The plants are started in greenhouses seven weeks ahead of the show.
- Five semi trucks transported the elements of the Floral Experience from Bachman’s indoor growing facilities to Galleria.
- More than 20 garden designers, installers, and expert horticulturalists work on preparing and installing this project in four overnight shifts.
- 4,166 miles is the farthest distance a bulb might have traveled to take part–from Holland to Minneapolis. Other plants have arrived from Florida, California, Ohio and South America.
- Over 200 newly released Pop Star hydrangeas are planted throughout the show. This is a new hydrangea from Bailey’s 2023 endless summer collection.
Galleria restaurants and shops have planted their own surprises including stunning, blooming window displays. Restaurants also are offering specialty dishes and cocktails including Cov, Good Earth, Pittsburgh Blue, Big Bowl, and Crave. Standouts include the Lady Slipper (Empress gin, cherry liqueur, crème de violette, and peach mint syrup) from Cov and an edible flower salad from Good Earth.