Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events in the next two weeks.
Seventh Annual HAMMS Event
More than two dozen Minnesota makers like Section 21 Apparel and its casual wear, Designs by Lucas and its repurposed vintage treasures, and Sassy Farmgirl Soaps by Olivia will be at this brewery marketplace. As you peruse, snack on food from the Urban Growler kitchen and, of course, grab a beer. Bonus: Their outdoor beer garden is dog friendly. April 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. @ Urban Growler Brewing Co., 2325 Endicott St., St. Paul, paypal.com.
Black Man Magic Fashion Show
Come to the finale of the second annual Black Fashion Week MN. The Black Man Magic Fashion Show features designer Karl Kani as well as local designers Gilded Roots and Tim+Thom. Kani, an L.A.-based designer who is better known for being one of the icons in streetwear, has showcased his brand throughout the U.S., Japan, and 25 countries in Europe, but he is taking the time to be in person at this show. April 27 at 7 p.m. @ Elliot Park Hotel, Autograph Collection, 823 Fifth Ave. S, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Tech Dump’s Third Annual Robot Fashion Show
Believe it or not, the name pretty much says it all. Tech Dump helps put on an unconventional materials challenge inspired by robots, and—very fittingly with the Project Runway-esque challenge, show alum Samantha Rei Crossland and Christopher Straub are two of the judges. Naturally, this bizarre event takes place at Can Can Wonderland, so afterward, you can take to the mini golf course or grab a creative cocktail. April 28 from 6 to 8 p.m. @ Can Can Wonderland, 755 Prior Ave. N, Suite 004, St. Paul, cancanwonderland.com.
Collective Fashion Show
Creators Space is opening its doors again for a night of fashion. See looks from the couture House of Nguyen, travel and daily wear Travel Buji, No Excuses, Lifecustom Clothing, and Established during a night of live music by Mixie Best, Kansas Kane, Yung Wes, and K-Park and a mini marketplace. April 28 at 6 p.m. @ Creators Space, 218 Seventh St. E, St. Paul, eventbrite.com.
Fashion Week MN
Get the scoop on the upcoming Fashion Week highlights and the new director here. For a hint, the lineup continues to change and widen our standards of beauty and includes hair, gems, and (of course) apparel. April 28-May 4 @ various locations, fashionweekmn.com.
Minnesota Pinners Conference
It’s the best parts of Pinterest come to life with exhibitors, make and takes, and classes. The two-day festival covers beauty and fashion, photography, health and fitness, party planning, food arts, home decor, DIY and crafts, and more. Don’t be surprised if you leave finally completing that Pinterest craft you fell in love with last month or if you have even more ideas—but this time with the tools and resources to actually see them through. May 3 & 4 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., respectively @ Minneapolis Convention Center, mn.pinnersconference.com.
Jewelry & Accessory Makers Mart at Walker Art Center
If you need one more incentive to visit the Walker (besides its family events during Free First Saturday or its new exhibit The Body Electric), its packed marketplace pop-up should do it. Members can peruse the works of La Donna Jewelry, Silvercocoon, Unique Art Pendants, Vikse Jewelry, and more. May 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Walker Art Center, Skyline Room, 725 Vineland Place, Minneapolis, walkerart.org.
Sip-n-Shop at 7 Vines Vineyard
Pair 25 Minnesota vendors with a wine bar, and you have a recipe for success. We haven’t even mentioned the food they’re dishing up or the picturesque setting yet. (And trust us, it is picturesque—our editor visited in March.) May 5 from noon to 4 p.m. @ 7 Vines Vineyard, 101 Highway 96 E, Dellwood, 7vinesvineyard.com.
- April 23-27: Fashion Revolution Week continues with Global Mamas, Sustainability in Fashion, Creation to Closet, and Zero Waste Indigo Workshop @ various locations, facebook.com
- April 25-28: Grand Opening: Sweet Nautical Boutique @ Prior Lake, facebook.com
- April 25-27: Thyme bath, body, and home fragrance product warehouse sale @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- April 26 & 27: Grand Opening: Eye Bobs @ Ridgedale, Minnetonka, eyebobs.com
- April 26-28: Spring Outdoor Adventure Expo @ Midwest Mountaineering, Minneapolis, midwestmtn.com
- April 27: Filigree & Stephanie Lake Collaboration @ Filigree, Minneapolis
- April 27: Kanchi Pattu Sari Exhibition by the Mira Fashions/The Silk Place @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- April 27: Ladies Day at Gold’n Treasures @ St. Paul, facebook.com
- April 27: Latvian Spring Bazaar @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- April 28: Open House 99th Year Celebration @ Pletscher’s Greenhouse, New Brighton, facebook.com
- April 30: Store Closing: Lily & April @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- May 2: Designer appearance and trunk show by Rebecca Myers @ Max’s, St. Louis Park, stylebymax.com
- May 2-5: Festival of Nations @ St. Paul RiverCentre, festivalofnations.com
- May 4: Katwalk 19 (St. Kate’s Apparel Design Students Runway) @ St. Paul, oshag.stkate.edu
- May 4: Wear Your Crown by Sister Spokesman, an event all about loving your African American hair, with advice, styles, and more @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- May 5: Maker to Market Pop Ups by Springboard for the Arts @ SprinBOX in St. Paul, springboardforthearts.org
- May 6: Parc Boutique Turns 4 @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- April 22-30: “I Do” Crew Bridal Tee and Wine Glass Workshop @ T Aletta, Minneapolis, taletta.com
- April 25-27: Exceptional Diamond Event @ R.F. Moeller, St. Paul, facebook.com
- April 26-28: The Engagement Event @ JB Hudson, Minneapolis, jbhudson.com
- April 27: Brides & Blooms @ Lexington Floral, Shoreview, lexingtonfloral.com