Photo by Jesse Goll/Unsplash
Here are some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping highlights over the next two weeks.
Valentine’s (and Galentine’s) Day Events
Brighten up your loved one’s day by picking out roses, tulips, and more from the Farmers Market Annex of Minneapolis on Feb. 13 and 14, or prepare for night time intimacy with extended hours on Feb. 10 and Feb. 13 at the Smitten Kitten (they promise ’80s love songs for your listening enjoyment as well). On Feb. 12, Martinpatrick 3 is hosting Beau and Arrows event for curated gifts from local Goldfine Jewelry and more. From Feb 14 through 16 to catch almost all Valentine’s outings, Blast Dry Bar is having all hair and makeup service proceeds go to local girls club Diverse Daisies; they will also be featuring new hair products from R+Co and have swag bags for the first 25 appointments on the 16th.
If you’re more into Galentine’s Day (Feb. 13), The Coven, The Woodhouse Day Spa in Arbor Lakes, and Larissa Loden Jewelry are all celebrating the holiday with a makers fair, special spa surprises, and a 25 percent off sale, respectively.
And, if you’re still searching for the perfect gift after all of that, I pulled together 16 mostly local treasures that could make the perfect little or large gift for your special someone.
Grand Opening: Minnesota Makers in Minneapolis
Minnesota Makers has been in Robbinsdale for the past few years with a large space showcasing more than 100 Minnesotan artists, and now they are opening a second location inside the Minneapolis Visitor InformationCenter on Nicollet. We aren’t sure what all of the treasures can be found there—over the years, the boutique has showcased agate necklaces in the shape of Minnesota, doggy bowties, gemstone rings, bags, and more—but we can’t wait to find out. The grand opening includes a ribbon cutting by the Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce, snacks, giveaways, and more. Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. @ Minneapolis Visitor Information Center, 505 Nicollet, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Ready or Hot: Fashion Meets Passion for Planned Parenthood
The high-fashion runway benefitting Planned Parenthood is back for its sixth year. With looks supplied by Twin Cities shops, community models that show the beauty of all people, and a body-positive vibe with something called “one-of-a-kind condom couture,” this show promises a good time. Feb. 21 from 7 to 10 p.m. @ International Market Square, 275 Market St., Minneapolis, plannedparenthood.org.
Chamber Demo Night
Salon HALO in Robbinsdale is showcasing all they can do—and what they can help you do—with tutorials and demonstrations around makeup, hair care and styling, facial waxing, men’s grooming, and more. Get two hours of intense beauty information in a casual, fun environemtn while enjoying small bites, drinks, and special discounts on services and products you can only get the night of. Feb. 21 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. @ Salon HALO, 4101 W Broadway Ave., Robbinsdale, facebook.com.
Minnesota Stones by Annika Kaplan
Through a grant by the Minnesota State Arts Board, jeweler Annika Kaplan has made a collection of rings that span across seven locatoins in Minnesota. The stones are hand cut and set in sterling silver, and the designs are made through hand fabrication, wax carvings, and casts. Although the show is only one day, Kaplan hopes to highlight how beautiful the natural stones of the area are and how we must be responsible in how we source our precious materials. Feb. 23 from noon to 4 p.m. @ The White Page, 3400 Cedar Ave. S, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Indoor Dog Walking
This weekly event may have started in January, but we had to bring it front and center so everyone knows. Every Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., people can walk well-behaved dogs around Rosedale Mall. Unfortunately, stores won’t be open at that time, but perhaps it’ll help you plan out your shopping trip later that day? Every Sunday through November from 8 to 10 a.m. @ Rosedale Center, 1595 Highway 36, Roseville, myrosedale.com.
- Valentine’s Day is this week, and we pulled together 16 mostly local products that make the perfect gifts. Granted, some will ta
- Coming and Going at Mall of America: Aritzia plans to open its first Minnesota location at the Mall later this year, but sadly, American Girl will be closing this March after more than 10 years.
- Rosedale’s Helzberg Diamonds has a new virtual ring experience so couples can virtually try on and share more than 100 rings styles.
- Feb. 13: DIY Succulent Planter Bar, Carver Junk Co., Minneapolis, facebook.com
- Feb. 13-16: Caroline Abram Trunk Show, InVision Distinctive Eyewear, four ocations in the Twin Cities, invision-optical.com
- Through Feb. 14: Patagonia Winter Sale, St. Paul, facebook.com
- Feb. 15: Scissors, Paper, Spray gallery and fashion show presented by Kristi Abbott Art, Minneapolis, brownpapertickets.com
- Feb. 16-17: Winter Art Fair, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Chaska, winterartfair.umn.edu
- Feb. 17: Minneapolis Vintage Market, Minneapolis, mplsvintagemarket.com
- Feb. 19: Vintage View: Mourning Jewelry, JB Hudson Jewelers, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com
- Feb. 21-24: Haupt Antiek Market Cozy Chalet, Apple Valley, hauptantiek.com
- Feb. 23: Moda Flair Spring Show, Minneapolis, facebook.com
- Feb. 23: Thrift Stylist Clinic for organization and style with the Arc’s Value Village, New Hope, facebook.com
- Feb. 24: Quicklife Fashion Show, Minneapolis, facebook.com
- Feb. 24: All That Glitters: Oscars Viewing Party, The Golden Pearl Vintage, Minneapolis, facebook.com
- Feb. 24: Paxyshia Closet Sale at Cake, Minneapolis, cakeplussize.com
- Feb. 17: Unveiled and Honeymoon & Destination Wedding Showcase, Minneapolis, theweddingguys.com
- Feb. 17: Forever Bride Market, Radisson Blu Mall of America, eventbrite.com
- Feb. 17: Semple Mansion Dream Wedding Event, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com
- Feb. 23: A Grand Bridal Fair—My Darling Bridal Runway Show and Tea Party, St. Paul, eventbrite.com
- Feb. 24: Silverwood Park Wedding Fair, St. Anthony, eventbrite.com