Photo by freestocks.org/Unsplash
Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping highlights for the next two weeks:
Too Faced Pro Squad
For two days, the Too Faced Pro Squad is coming to Mall of America’s Ulta Beauty for live makeup tutorials, a makeup party, and giveaways. The Too Faced Pro Squad will be coming from Dallas, L.A., Toronto, and N.Y.C., so you can get the best of all coasts. Book your spot by calling 952-854-1208. March 1 and 2 @ Ulta Beauty, Mall of America, mallofamerica.net.
Kidizen + Matilda Jane Trunk Show
Bring your kids to to Kidizen to pick out new looks for the spring. Matilda Jane‘s new Brilliant Daydream collection features Easter outfits for girls and boys, swimwear, an exclusive Livie & Luca shoe collaboration, and matching dresses for a girl and her bunny. As you peruse the clothes, there will be craft and a mini photo booth for the kids to play around with, and you can also do some spring cleaning by bringing gently used boutique-branded kids’ clothes to sell to Kidizen. March 2 from 9:30 a.m. to noon @ Kidizen HQ, 807 Broadway St. NE, Suite 200, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
One Posh Party
Nestled within Queen Anna House of Fashion in North Loop, One Posh Closet is a luxury concierge service, and they’re celebrating their rebranding with with exclusive designers, light bites, champagne, and a giveaway. Even if you knew One Posh, come to learn what has changed. If you don’t know One Posh, meet your new best friend in upscale clothing styling. March 7 from 6 to 8 p.m. @ Queen Anna House of Fashion, 109 N Second St., Minneapolis, oneposhcloset.com.
The Heartbeat of Fashion—FGI Membership Night Out
Founded in 1928, Fashion Group International was one of the first women professional organizations, and tonight is a night to celebrate its legacy. (Don’t worry—men have been allowed into FGI since 1997.) Besides mingling over appetizers by woman-owned and operated catering company Fabulous Catering, you can also see the winning looks from the Twin Cities 2019 Go Red for Women Fashion Show and meet the student designers, shop the JB Hudson showroom and try on its vintage collection pieces, and get complimentary jewelry cleaning and shining. March 7 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. @ JB Hudson Jewelers, 901 Nicollet, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Vintage, Vinyl, & Donuts
Find your next vintage gem at Burning Brothers Brewing. Peruse vinyls, collectibles, and of course, for all of your quirky fashionista styles, jewelry, clothing, and purses. The best part? Totally Baked Donuts will also be at this pop-up, so you could literally leave with one hand clutching a scarlet tote that finishes your look and the other holding a chocolate glazed doughnut. March 10 from noon to 4 p.m. @ Burning Brothers Brewing, 1750 Thomas Ave. W, St. Paul, facebook.com.
Power of Her: Women’s Empowerment Awards & Fashion Show
March is Women’s Empowerment month, and PUMP Fashion Show and LPF Productions are celebrating. Some of the honored designers include Nubi Collection and Revlis, and Amoore Boutique and Luuli Collection are among two of the boutiques who are up for awards. As for the fashion show, there doesn’t seem to be one set designer, so get excited for a mix of influences and aesthetics. March 10 from 7 to 10 p.m. with an after party @ Belle Ame Lounge, 400 Third Ave. N, Minneapolis, pumpfashionshow.com.
- March 1-3: Piccadilly Prairie The Paris Flea Market, Minnetonka, piccadillyprairie.com
- March 2: An Evening with Tan France of Netflix’s Queer Eye, University of Minnesota, facebook.com
- â€‹I’d put this higher, but you’re relying on the goodness of people willing to sell their own tickets to get into this sold out show.
- March 2: Evereve + Secondhand Hounds, Edina, facebook.com
- March 2: Wishes & More Annual Winter Ball, Minneapolis, wishesandmore.org
- March 2: Twin Cities Boss Babes: March Meetup, Opitz Outlet in St. Louis Park, eventbrite.com
- March 3: Perfectly Burnsville Craft & Gift Show, Burnsville, perfectlyuniqueboutique.com
- March 2: Third Annual March Madness Gift Expo, Eagan, perfectlyuniqueboutique.com
- March 7-10: THE PORCH & Atelier, Buffalo, facebook.com
- March 9: Women in Business Gala 2019, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com
- March 9: Arctic Market, Lakes & Legends Brewing Co., mplscraftmarket.com
- March 10: Minneapolis Vintage Market, Minneapolis, mplsvintagemarket.com
For the Makers
- Feb. 28: Rose & Loon‘s open maker call is happening from 5 to 9 p.m., so bring a sample of your goods for the panel to play with. facebook.com
- March 7: Joeleen Torvick, Strey Designs, and Vikse Jewelry are having a clearance and materials sale in the Northrup King Building. Grab pieces from previous collections, fabric, beads, and more. facebook.com
Doggy Social MN Wedding Fair: I won’t lie. I was pretty much sold on this event when I saw their cute marketing pictures of the French bulldog being held on his back with little ribbons and flowers around his paws. I don’t know how many dog-related wedding vendors there can be, but you can bet they’ll be at this event. Get there early to grab the swag bag and complimentary champagne (available to the first 50 people), and then get a good seat at the bridal pup fashion show. Bring your four-footed friend, too—they have complimentary puppy massages, and you can have an illustration of you and your BFF together. March 3 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. @ Graduate Hotel, 615 Washington Ave. SE, Minneapolis, doggysocialmn.com.
- March 1: Hayley Paige Trunk Show, a&bé bridal shop minneapolis, aandbebridalshop.com
- March 7: Walk the Aisle in Style by INDOCHINO, Mall of America, eventbrite.com
- March 9: 2019 Asian Wedding and Events Fair, Radisson Hotel Minneapolis/St. Paul North, Roseville, eventbrite.com
- Canadian-based store Aritzia (see right) is going to take over 8,000 square feet at Mall of America. The next nearest one is in Chicago, so be prepared to shop til you drop.
- North Loop will be getting a Lululemon store April 2019.
- Karen Morris is launching a new spring/summer hat line, “Exotica,” just in time for the Kentucky Derby.