Learn how to make this Vikings silver bracelet at a class at Ingebretsen’s on Jan. 19.
Photo courtesy Ingebretsen’s
Some of the Twin Cities style and shopping highlights for the next two weeks.
Whether it’s a family heirloom or a favorite vintage find, bring up to two antique vintage pieces to JB Hudson Jewelers in Nicollet Mall and share why it’s special to you. Vintage expert Kimberley Thompson will take a look at it and tell you any parts of its story she gleans, such as the manufacturer, origin, time period, and identifying characteristics. This monthly series is a great way to learn more about the pieces you own as well as a chance to see of Thompson’s own treasures. Jan. 15 from 4:30-6 p.m. @ JB Hudson Jewelers, 901 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
fig + farro Vintage Fashion Show
One of the Twin Cities’ favorite plant-based restaurants is throwing a free vintage fashion show. fig + farro‘s dinner menu includes house pasta, fried cauliflower, jackfruit barbacoa, and a surprise cocktail, and if you have a VIP ticket, you have unlimited champagne and premium seating. Part of the proceeds go toward Trees.org, which helps plant more trees in an effort to fight climate change. Jan. 17 from 7-8 p.m. @ fig + farro, 3001 Hennepin Ave. S, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Flow Swing Shop
Come for a power morning of yoga by Moving Beyond followed by kettlebell by EDK Training (all skill levels are welcome). Then stay for a pop-up athleisure clothing shop by MINQ and light snacks. Yoga starts out your weekend at 9 a.m., and the MINQ pop-up goes to 11:30 a.m. for the perfect morning—a little exercise, a little shopping, and a little socializing and snacking. Jan. 19 from 9-11:30 a.m. @ Moving Beyond Yoga, 711 W Lake St., Studio 214, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Craft a Silver Viking Knit Bracelet
Learn how to use the Viking Knit chain looping technique to create a silver bracelet of your very own. You’ll be able to complete this simple but charming bracelet during this session even if you don’t have any experience through the help of jeweler and goldsmith Liz Bucheit. Jan. 19 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. @ Ingebretsen’s, 1601 E Lake St., Minneapolis, ingebretsens.com.
Fine and Decorative Arts of the Globe Auction
Revere Auctions’ upcoming live auction consists of 374 lots. Items include Native American silver jewelry and beadwork, jade hand mirrors, a pre-Columbian Sinu gold pendant, and more among other media like paintings and ceramics. Jan. 19 starting at 10 a.m. @ 550 Vandalia St., Suite 304, Minneapolis, revereauctions.com.
Instead of a clothing swap, attend a makeup swap. Get rid of the cleansers that caught your eye but you never opened in exchange for new lipstick, or trade out an eye shadow palette you got as a gift but can’t use for some unopened moisturizers. Jan. 27 from noon to 3 p.m. @ The Wardrobe Refinery, 1620 Central Ave. NE, Suite 214, Minneapolis, thewardroberefinery.com.
Read More: Weddings
- Jan. 15: 900 Hennepin, Hennepin Theatre Trust’s new wedding and event venue, is hosting an open house. Read more.
- Jan. 20 and Jan. 27: Organized by two different wedding influencers, The Wedding Fair (Jan. 20) and the Twin Cities Bridal Show (Jan. 27) feature trusted industry vendors, bridal fashion shows, and inspiration galore. Read more.
- Jan. 16: The Glam Lab (recurring) @ Blush St. Paul, eventbrite.com
- Jan. 16-19: Face a Face Trunk Show @ InVision Optical, various locations, facebook.com
- Jan. 17-20: Lowest markdowns of the season @ Grethen House Edina, grethenhouse.com
- Through Jan. 18: Post-Holiday Sale @ Filigree Jewelers, fililgreejewelers.com
- Through Jan. 19: Semi-Annual Sale @ Max’s, stylebymax.com
- Jan. 20: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ Machine Shop, mplsvintagemarket.com
- Through Jan. 20: January sale @ Houser, shophouser.com
- Jan. 23: Winter Style CPR, discounts, snacks, styling Q&A @ Evereve in West End, facebook.com
- Jan. 24: Grand Opening @ Rural Design Co., facebook.com
- Jan. 26: End of Season Sale @ Karen Morris Millinery, facebook.com
- Jan. 26 Pamper Yourself with Elixery @ The Fitting Room, facebook.com
- Jan. 27: MEND Jewelry | Wellness Check-In & Shop @ Fourpost (Mall of America), facebook.com