Check out these Twin Cities’ style and shopping events over the next two weeks.
For one day only, a Le Vian representative will be at Ridgedale center with the largest showing of its jewelry in store. The choice will be yours from chocolate diamonds, one of the red carpet-ready collection pieces, or an array of other diamonds and colored stones. Aug. 13 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. @ Kay Jewelers in Ridgedale Center, 12401 Wayzata Blvd., Minnetonka, ridgedalecenter.com.
Support Two Causes At Once
Sending 100 percent of its profits to an organic agriculture program for veterans, Honey Badger Healing will be premiering two eco clothing lines with a fashion show. Supporting the earth and veterans: What’s not to love? After the show, stick around for the Moonlite auction and the after party. Aug. 15 at 7:30 p.m. @ James Ballentine Uptown VFW Post 246, 2916 Lyndale Ave. S., Minneapolis, honeybadgerhealing.org.
Ladies Night Out + Pop Up
For a night out with your ladies, Carver Junk Co. will be having the shopping experience for you. Featuring new selection of Baubles and Bobbies’ modern, handmade jewelry, your friends can help you narrow down the varied line to a jewelry piece you’ll love for years. Aug. 15 from 4 to 7 p.m. @ 206 N Chestnut, Chaska, facebook.com.
Help Your Closet and Someone Else’s
Want to update your professional wardrobe for fall while sticking to your budget? Dress for Success Twin Cities’s August sale is for you. With staples from Cole Hann, Calvin Klein, Eileen Fisher, Micheal Kors, and much more for low prices (think $15 for a suit) and the added benefit of supporting Dress for Success’ mission to change the lives of local women, you’re sure to be happy you went. Aug. 17 from 10 a.m to 5 p.m @ Dress for Success Twin Cities, 1549 University Ave W., St. Paul, twincities.dressforsuccess.org.
Music and Crafters
Hosted by Jill Riley of the Current’s Oake & Riley in the Morning, Freak Fest boosts an “unusual, abnormal, outlandish, and unconventional” Sunday. Primarily a music event, this year, it also features craft vendors from the Minneapolis Craft Market with everything from cigars and nail polish to snowboards and henna. Aug. 18 from 2 to 8 p.m @ Sociable Cider Werks, 1500 Fillmore St NE, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
- Aug 13: Succulent Fairy Garden Workshop @ Lexington Floral & Boutique, Shoreview
- Aug 14: Nicollet Makers Market @ Nicollet between 6th and 8th Strs, Minneapolis
- Aug 15: 50th & France Sip & Shops @ 50th & France, Edina
- Aug 17: Grand Opening @ Pacifier, Edina
- Aug 17: Midtown Farmers Market @ Moon Palace Books, Minneapolis
- Aug 17: Shop for a Cure @ Upsy-Daisy, White Bear Lake
- Aug 17: Janiette Post Industrial Trunk Show @ Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Aug 18: Makers Days @ Linden Hills Farmers Market, Minneapolis
- Aug 24: Blytheconmpls @ Hilton Minneapolis/St Paul Airport Mall of America, Bloomington
- Aug 24: August Stillwater Flea Market And Craft Fair @ Stillwater Flea Market, Stillwater
- Aug 14: Bros, Beers, and Bow Ties @ The Wedding Shoppe, St. Paul
- Aug 16: Matthew Christopher Bridal Trunk Show @ Posh Bridal Couture, Wayzata